PF's New House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You already have a gas line for the furnace and water heater? Why can't you extend that to a gas stove?

Just paid closing costs and now paying Daddy back for those, can't afford the expense at this time.

Don't give up on gas if that is what you prefer, call a plumber for an estimate on running the pipe to your kitchen.

A plumber? There is a plumbing and heating place in Torrington, if they do free estimates I can at least find out how much it will be.

Thanks Ladies for reminding me of that!

I have nothing good to say about the LG refrigerator we got about 4-5 years ago. Just my experience - YMMV. ;)

Don't give up on gas if that is what you prefer, call a plumber for an estimate on running the pipe to your kitchen.

For fridges and stoves I only have what I have heard to go on but I am very happy with my w/d. Thanks for letting us know you had problems with your fridge.

Back in Ohio when I was looking to buy my first ever matching W/D, I had narrowed it down to LG and Whirlpool. I had spent a lot of time with the salesman and we had bonded:). He said something to the effect "you didn't hear this from me, but the brand his repairmen got called out for the most, was LG.

When I was researching refrigerators last Fall I found the same complaint. Too many repairs.

Thank you for your information on LG. I've had an LG TV for years and love it.

I've read similar about LG kitchen appliances. Advice was to wait a few years until they get the bugs worked out. They do make good electronics though.

Beautiful pictures and exciting times, PF. I know that your home will quickly fill with warm memories, laughter and love. :)

~Kathleen

I do so love of seeing of this such beautiful home! I expect you shall find everything you need to be perfect of it!

~Cat

It is now mine...no more worrying about if we get to keep it. I will be slowly renovating things and will post pictures here of before and after. Shrek is buying me the new stove next month, so I have some work to do before it shows up.

Tonight we sit in front of the fire.

What wonderful news. Home Sweet Home. Did you decide to investigate having a gas line run to your kitchen for a gas stove?
I can't wait to hear and see all you do for the nest building!

Yay, PF and Shrek! How wonderful that you're having Christmas in your own home :) :heart: :santa:

It feels just great! Thanks!

What wonderful news. Home Sweet Home. Did you decide to investigate having a gas line run to your kitchen for a gas stove?
I can't wait to hear and see all you do for the nest building!

We will be checking that out after the holidays. Today, I am just sitting back and relaxing. The fixes will start after New Years as I am at work for almost all next week.

I wanted to put up the new hardware in the bathroom, but want to paint first. I'm going to do a cream color on the dark wood and lighten up the bathroom. Also replacing the fluorescent fixture in the ceiling for an LED.

Baby steps.

Baby steps indeed. Now that the ogre-sized step of dealing with the bank and stuff is over, you can enjoy the fun stuff. I hope this is your Merriest Christmas holiday time yet.

It is now mine...no more worrying about if we get to keep it. I will be slowly renovating things and will post pictures here of before and after. Shrek is buying me the new stove next month, so I have some work to do before it shows up.

Tonight we sit in front of the fire.

This couldn't be happening to two nicer more deserving people. Lots of happy meals eaten together in front of the fireplace. Enjoy life. You both deserve it. :angel:

You and Shrek are finally home for the holidays, have a great Christmas!

:whistlingOh, there's no place like home for the holidays, cause no matter how far away you roam, if you want to be happy in a million ways, for the holidays, you cant beat home, sweet home!

So glad you're able to spend the first of many holidays to come in your new home, with family. Merry Christmas, Princess and Shrek! :santa:

After quite a few hiccups and bumps...and the yard...it's finally here:

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 131
The yard:

Attachments

• morning.jpg
    morning.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 84
  • mushroom.jpg
    mushroom.jpg