"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-27-2015, 04:17 PM   #51
Executive Chef

Now, I had to go back and get a second look at the shower curtain. LOL Beautiful! I love how it matches the tile around the sink and some of your turquoise cans of beauty supplies. Perfect!

When we bought this house, it was contingent on our selling the old house. When we had the closing, we closed on the first house, then didn't even leave the room, and the people we were buying from just came in and sat down for our closing. That was on a Friday. We had to be out of our house since it was sold, and we only had the weekend to get moved, so on Saturday we moved into this house within a half hour of the other people moving out. Fortunately for me the woman was a good housekeeper and the house was immaculate! Hasn't been that clean since! LOL

Old 09-27-2015, 09:51 PM   #52
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Now, I had to go back and get a second look at the shower curtain. LOL Beautiful! I love how it matches the tile around the sink and some of your turquoise cans of beauty supplies. Perfect!

When we bought this house, it was contingent on our selling the old house. When we had the closing, we closed on the first house, then didn't even leave the room, and the people we were buying from just came in and sat down for our closing. That was on a Friday. We had to be out of our house since it was sold, and we only had the weekend to get moved, so on Saturday we moved into this house within a half hour of the other people moving out. Fortunately for me the woman was a good housekeeper and the house was immaculate! Hasn't been that clean since! LOL
The Realtor was just astounded that I liked the color of the walls in the bathroom, when I got the shower curtain up I had to show her why I was so pleased.

I am going to paint the bedroom about two shades darker in a moss green, the trim in brown and the closet doors in a woodland scene. The curtains for the bedroom should be here soon, they are a brown and floral pattern.

I got more of the yard done today, ruined my tennis shoes, so I went and got some wellies to wear when I am gardening. Got the rest of the Virginia Creeper off the fence, pruned the ash trees on the property line and started digging up my flower bed in the front. The yard is starting to come together, I'm putting the sod and dirt I am digging out of the flower bed on the low spots in the yard. Once I have the sod rinsed of dirt I will re-seed the front.

The backyard and the south side of the house are projects for next spring.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:18 AM   #53
Sous Chef

Wow, what a beautiful place!!

I'll be right over.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:47 AM   #54
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
Wow, what a beautiful place!!

I'll be right over.
Thank you!

I'll get the bed set up...
Old 10-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #55
Proud American

I love your new house! It is very nice! I showed it to Joyce and she likes the bathroom sink also. I like the living room with its wealthy colors.

She had one comment: "Those aren't cats, those are mountain lions!"

~Cat
Old 10-05-2015, 02:54 PM   #56
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
I love your new house! It is very nice! I showed it to Joyce and she likes the bathroom sink also. I like the living room with its wealthy colors.

She had one comment: "Those aren't cats, those are mountain lions!"

~Cat
Tell Joyce she has a vivid imagination! LOL!

The color in the livng room is what made me fall in Love with this house. The owners were worried they would not find a buyer because of the dark paint, but we Love it. Makes for a nice Ogre hole.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #57
Master Chef

I love the color too PF. Our color is even deeper called Rasin, and that's a good description..a very dark red brown. I've not grown tired of it and I bet you won't either.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #58
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I think the addition of warmer, darker colors makes a home cozier.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:50 PM   #59
Master Chef

I think those "rich" colors are wonderful too PF.

We all love Cat so much, and it just occurred to me what she meant when she said..
Quote:
I like the living room with its "wealthy" colors.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:23 PM   #60
Certified Cake Maniac

Sorry, PF, I am just seeing this for the first time! Very nice!

How are the cats adjusting?

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote