Phobia directory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
A couple of months ago we discovered the "Stumble" toolbar and are hooked! It's like flicking channels through the internet. I just stumbled upon a page that lists tons upon tons of known (named) phobias - wow. We've likely all heard of the basic/common fears but there are some on this list I would never thought they had a name for! (As some people say, "if it exists someone's afraid of it")

http://phobialist.com/index.html

I think I can safely assume (& really hope) that no one on DC has Cibophobia (the fear of food) :chef:

How in the world did you get my medical records? :LOL:

Here are my top three phobias-

Insects, snakes, spiders and lizards. ( If I see a centipede, I lose it)
Fear of heights ( and it doesn't have to be really high. I can't go up an escalator alone)
Fear of pain (I had enough to last a lifetime)

i'll never forget one time i was watchin maury povich and one of his shows was about phobias. it's sad to know people are scared of tin foil, band aids, and peanut butter !!!
as for me... anything with more than 4 legs.
anything that has no legs... excluding dolphins, whales, manatees, and porposes.
heights, and death.

I forgot what you call this insect but I hate them with PASSION

kamakiri.jpg

I am also terrified of docs/hospitals, dentists and earthquakes!!

My biggest fears are of spiders, heights, thunderstorms, certain types of death (drowning, being buried alive, etc.), & being electrocuted, even the chance of the tiniest shock scares me, so, I refuse to replace light bulbs.

DENTISTS!!!!! That's my # one most horrid fear! I hate going.

Scorpians! Big small doesn't matter. I freak.

I'm not afraid of hights but dang I'm afraid of falling from them. :)

Back
Top Bottom