Photobucket questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I've got some Photobucket questions.

I have been holding off on joining a site where I upload things to mainly because I was always concerned with any type of security issues, so I guess my first question is: Are there any security issues with these image hosting sites? Enough people seem to use them, but that's not saying anything.

What about spam? Most places I am comfortable with I like to use my ISP email addy simply because I receive emails in real time rather than me having to update a Yahoo page (for instance) every couple minutes. I have never had a spam problem and I contribute that to the sites I will enter my real addy on and not just throwing it out all over the place. (I also make sure no one puts me on their group email list.)
They (Photobucket type sites) must make their money somehow. Are you flooded with emails after joining Photobucket?

And... Do you need to upload pics one at a time or can I drag and drop a large picture folder already on my computer?

Thanks for any insight :)

I love Photobucket Pac. There's no need to make your pictures anything but private and I haven't noticed Spam from them. As far as uploading multiple photo's, it's really easy with their instructions. I've used them for ages and I love the simplicity of the site.

I have both Photobucket and Picasa, no spam from either. My go-to is Picasa, though admittedly, I haven't explored all the features of either program.

Last edited:
I used photo bucket for a while... Then wondered why i was using it.. i just put everything on thumb drives and i use facebook for storage also..

I've joined a forum that will only allow pics uploaded from an image hosting site :wacko:
FB would probably work, too, but I'd just as soon only join one place and make it a dedicated image hosting site.

The one issue I have with Picasa is I can't figure out how to upload video. Otherwise they're very safe and user- friendly. Have many years of pics there.

I use Picassa!

I have used Photobucket in the past, but then my hubby said to try Picassa which I always use now, I love it and have never had any issues with it :)

Back
Top Bottom