"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
Head Chef

Photoshop 5.5 help

Calling all PS lovers for some help. Ok so i have PS version 5.5. i have downloaded and installed some new fonts. All my word programs such as Word, Open Office and what not can see the new fonts and use them but for some reason PS 5.5 cant. 5.5 can read some of them but not all of them. It cant even read the fonts from pslovers.com. Any way i need some ideas or solutions on how to fix this issue.

Thanx all you PS gurus

Old 10-22-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
Executive Chef

I just highlight the text and use the up/down arrow keys to flip through the fonts.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
Head Chef

hmm, i tired that but it still doesnt list the newly installed fonts. All my old fonts are there. Do i have to load them or does 5.5 automatically list the fonts in the fonts folder?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Are they true type fonts? Did you install them while you were in Photoshop? I have had problems in the past where I installed a font while in the program and it did not show up in Photoshop.

-Brad
Old 10-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Try to reboot and see if PS pics them up.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #6
Head Chef

Ok i think i figured it out. I had photoshop minimized when i installed them and i guess you have to restart every time you install a new ttf font. thats so weird. but i got it figured out. or at least i think i do.

Ok second question.

I know there are some web designers and graphic gurus in this forum. What i need help with is designing a full web page with PS 5.5. How do i make things interactive and how do i create a template for a school portfolio. im kinda lost in that department.

Thanx in advance
Old 10-22-2007, 01:03 PM   #7
Executive Chef

You don't use PS for that.

Download some free website templates.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:07 PM   #8
Head Chef

what are you serious. i swear i have seen people create a web template in ps. just like the menu boxes and area were the text goes. ok ill go hunt down some free templates. any recommendations for a good looking professional template.

EDIT

Thanx for the help guys
Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #9
Senior Cook

I do web development full time, and all of my templates are started in Photoshop first.. In fact, I do the entire site in photoshop. The Photoshop File then gets "Sliced" to be ready for HTML. Slicing is an art form in and of itself, but there are literally thousands of sites out there that have tutorials for doing just what you're looking for..

That, and people here who can help...
-Brad
Old 10-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #10
Head Chef

whoa, ok thats cool. i only took 3 semesters of web design but that was back in 02 during high school. so thing shave changed since then. plus it was only basic web design not advanced. Is PS 5.5 capable of doing what i need.