Pick your poison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would be on the top of my list too! Gimme the fugu!:LOL:

Last edited:
No mushroom is as evil as the Brussels sprout.

But I agree, Caslon. Mushrooms must not be as poisonous as the other stuff.

I bought a durian many years ago from an Asian market in Philly. It stunk up my brother's house, so we put it out back on the deck. I finally cut into it, tried some of the flesh, and ate a seed. It wasn't bad, taste-wise. Did not know the seeds were poisonous.

I win I win. I said Puffer fish before opening the link.

I used to believe in Urban Gleaning. Like pick crab apples along the medians at the gas station, umm, yuck. But the good ones I found were a plum tree at a condemned house once, or one of our huger sized prime property estates, old people died out and it took about a zillion years for the family to fight it out, now its a double block size town homes. But they had pear trees and the grounds were great for exploring and picnics. It's ok to pick wild asparagus in cemeteries, the park board frowns if you pick anything.

My point is, I never picked any mushrooms. I don't know mushrooms and only buy "wild" green house grown mushrooms from the store.

No mushroom is as evil as the Brussels sprout.

But I agree, Caslon. Mushrooms must not be as poisonous as the other stuff.

I bought a durian many years ago from an Asian market in Philly. It stunk up my brother's house, so we put it out back on the deck. I finally cut into it, tried some of the flesh, and ate a seed. It wasn't bad, taste-wise. Did not know the seeds were poisonous.

Dawg, my SIL goes to Bali every few years, and has never been able to get used to durian. :LOL: He's bought one a few times and then given it back to the vendor - they're thrilled when someone does that!

Dawg, my SIL goes to Bali every few years, and has never been able to get used to durian. :LOL: He's bought one a few times and then given it back to the vendor - they're thrilled when someone does that!

It's really not that bad, Cheryl. Sort of tastes like rotten, smelly tapioca pudding. My brother, who made it a point to try haggis, wouldn't try it though.

Last edited:
It's really not that bad, Cheryl. Sort of tastes like rotten, smelly tapioca pudding. My brother, who made it a point to try haggis, wouldn't try it though.

I've heard along the lines of that, with stinky feet thrown into the mix. :LOL: I'd at least try it, if I ever have the opportunity.

:huh: Where's the Brussel Sprouts? :LOL:

:bash: Shame on you Kayelle.

Brussel Sprouts are nothing but tiny cabbages and I love them. :yum:

Lots of things on that list I wouldn't even think about putting in my mouth. But to include Hot Dogs totally discredits that list for me.
The Tube Steak is food that has survived for generations and will survive for generations to come. ;)

:bash: Shame on you Kayelle.

Brussel Sprouts are nothing but tiny cabbages and I love them. :yum:

Lots of things on that list I wouldn't even think about putting in my mouth. But to include Hot Dogs totally discredits that list for me.
The Tube Steak is food that has survived for generations and will survive for generations to come. ;)

Brussel Sprouts only masquerade as evil tiny cabbages. :devilish:

Seriously, I think hot dogs only made the list because of choking deaths for little ones.

Back
Top Bottom