"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #141
Head Chef
 
The Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: * Area 51 *
Posts: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine l View Post
So again I ask...how does one post a picture? Geez...I feel lost.
Click on "Post Reply". While in the "Reply to Thread" window, scroll down to "Additional Options" and click on "Manage Attachments". Another window will open. Once it does, click on "Browse" to find the picture from your computer you wish to post. Double click on the file or click 'open' in the browse window. That will put the location of the picture in the Manage Attachments window. Once it's there, you click "upload" and wait until the file name appears in the 'current attachments' area of the Manage Attachments window. Then close the window.

If you then look down in the Additional Options area, your file name should appear right above the Manage Attachments button. If it does, you just hit "Submit Reply" like you always do and it should be there in your post.
__________________

__________________
Dogs have owners ~ Cats have staff.
The Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #142
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Z View Post
Click on "Post Reply". While in the "Reply to Thread" window, scroll down to "Additional Options" and click on "Manage Attachments". Another window will open. Once it does, click on "Browse" to find the picture from your computer you wish to post. Double click on the file or click 'open' in the browse window. That will put the location of the picture in the Manage Attachments window. Once it's there, you click "upload" and wait until the file name appears in the 'current attachments' area of the Manage Attachments window. Then close the window.

If you then look down in the Additional Options area, your file name should appear right above the Manage Attachments button. If it does, you just hit "Submit Reply" like you always do and it should be there in your post.

Let me add one other thing to Z's great explanation. Before you hit "submit," do a "preview post" to be sure the photo appears. If it does, then hit "submit reply." Cheap insurance.
__________________

__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #143
Sous Chef
 
jeninga75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 721
Everyone looks great! I love to see what people look like. Maybe we could make this a sticky thread so all newcomers can post and can see what all of us look like.
__________________
If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry? ~Author Unknown
jeninga75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #144
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 3,381
I don't know how to post a pic, but here's a link. I'm in the black and white pants, on the almost bottom stair, my sweetie is beside me on my left, facing you, not the other left.

http://http://www.thelafayette.com/p...695146367&s=12
__________________
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Loprraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:24 PM   #145
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loprraine View Post
I don't know how to post a pic, but here's a link. I'm in the black and white pants, on the almost bottom stair, my sweetie is beside me on my left, facing you, not the other left.

http://http://www.thelafayette.com/p...695146367&s=12

Link doesn't work, Loprraine.
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #146
Cook
 
welise86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
That must be the happiest baby Iv'e ever seen
She was born happy! Sometimes I can't beleive it myself!
__________________
welise86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:16 PM   #147
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cicero, IL
Posts: 5,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Link doesn't work, Loprraine.
you have to remove both instances of 'http' from the link so it starts with 'www', I did that and it worked.
Photo Gallery at The Lafayette Inn - Virginia's Premier Bed & Breakfast

I reposted it here, hope you don't mind.
__________________
Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 PM   #148
Cook
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central, NJ
Posts: 66



girlfriend, dad mom and me..in NOLA at emerils.

same...on new years
__________________
randallpmcmurphy.blogspot - A newbie just learning how to cook blog
RPMcMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #149
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cicero, IL
Posts: 5,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Let me add one other thing to Z's great explanation. Before you hit "submit," do a "preview post" to be sure the photo appears. If it does, then hit "submit reply." Cheap insurance.
See Post #108, LOL.
__________________
Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:45 PM   #150
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loprraine View Post
I don't know how to post a pic, .....
Look two posts above you to Katie's quote of Z man
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.