Pictures of People on This Forum.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never driven an evo, but I must say, I'm a little partial to the WRX if I were to go down that road. The way I see it, if I want 4WD, I'll get my truck. I can go a bit farther off road in that, than an evo or wrx. Just my personal preferance. I must say tho, those turbo'd 4's haul some serious behind and the launch on them AWD's is ridiculous! LOL!

But I'll still stick with my old cars and big trucks! After my 66 coupe is done, I'm hunting down a 63 Thunderbird, kinda like this:

63conv2.jpg

But, in the words of the great Henry Ford, "Any color you want, just so long as it's black."

This would stay stock, unlike the Stang. The T-Bird would be more of a cruising car that my speed car.

Last edited:
Clutch, your Mustang needs some TLC ;o)
I don't like the americans cars that much, I prefer the old Mercedes as ours are :)

btw: a friend of us has a thunderbird.. but I don't know the year...

Clutch said:
I must say tho, those turbo'd 4's haul some serious behind and the launch on them AWD's is ridiculous!

Heck yeah they do :) The Evo VIII is stock 278hp and mine's around 330 with the turbo-back and ECU. Cams and gears can take it to 390, which I think is next on the list :cool:

390 is baby numbers. Moreso when a turbo is added. A friend of mine has a 5 liter motor with 638BHP, naturally asperiated on pump gas (93 octane).

I have a parts list (somewhere) for a 670 HP 5.0 stroker motor. Once again, N/A.

I plan to build a mild 400-450HP motor for the 66 Coupe and maybe strap a S/C on it. I'd love to find a way to buy a complete 03-04 cobra motor for it! Those are good for a solid 650+ with a turbo mod.

Cara, I do agree. I don't have a huge passion for American cars, new ones that is. I'm a classic car guy to the max and will never give up my classic American cars. I'm frankly getting tired of driving American cars, tho. They aren't reliable enough and we Americans need to incorperate the Chinese/Japanese standards into the way we build our cars. Than American cars might re-gain some sort of market.

My next car (truck rather) is going to be a Toyota Tacoma and my next car would prolly be the Acura TL Type S or Toyota Camry, Prius if I get a hybrid, which I am considering.

Last edited:
When you open this thread it tries to put a cookie called server9.proxy on your computer. Can any of the admins, check this out?
I have Windows XP prompt me for every cookie that a site wants to put on my computer. ;)

Hi. We don't set any cookies other than the one from vBulletin that keeps whether or not you're logged into the site. It's possible that you may have picked up this cookie on another site, although I'm not sure why it would only show up on this thread. Please go to Tools->Internet Options->General. Then click "Delete" under Browsing History and then click "Delete Cookies". This will remove all you cookies in Internet Explorer 7.
Also, in the future, if you have a technical problem like this please click the "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page, submit a support ticket and we will receive an email notification.
Please open a ticket or PM me if you continue to have a problem with this.

Best Regards,
Ben P

shpj4 said:
I think that is great that you collect cars. Keep us posted as to what you get next.

Okay, a headache! Here's a link to my cardomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/793178

It'll give you a quick look at my car some some other random nonsense. Here's the deal as the car stands now:

Motor, in good shape, but going to end up being replaced.

Transmission, also in good shape, but it's not a 5-speed so it's gone!

Body, considering it's celebrating 41 years come May (IIRC), It's in good shape, but needs a lot of work. Rear QTRs need to be cut off and replaced which is number one in a list of things I am having done by body shops.

Windows, front is cracked and leaks, rear leaks, front and QTR windows need new regulators and while I'm at it, I'm just gonna make them power windows.

Interior, a bit behind the times. The original interior was in decent shape, but I was not fond of the "break your neck" stock seats. All interior is getting replaced.

With new motor comes new suspension and new brakes all around.

Pretty much the only thing that will stay the same is the unibody.

I'm looking at about 30K+ before a paint job and the paint job is gonna cost quite a bit as well. It's gonna be a custom job and have about 10 coats of clear coat to protect the actual paint job.

All in all about 40-50K into the future (plus my living expenses) I'll have a nice, quick, safe classic Mustang.

P.S.

I don't know about the server9 thing. I have XP too, and it normally tells me things like that and when I'm at work, we have crazy filters and stuff. I wonder what all that's about. :wacko: :huh:

I've been following this highly entertaining thread. As far as the photo goes, here's a couple links of photos I've posted (I hope they work).
http://www.discusscooking.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=547&catid=favorites
http://www.discusscooking.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=455&catid=favorites

I was hoping you'd post a photo of your mustang, Clutch. I love old mustangs. Looks like you have your work cut out for you. My first car was a 65 Ford Falcon. I loved that car and drove much too fast in it. Unfortunately, about a week after I got it, a dude slid on the ice and hit the driver's side door. :( He had no insurance. My dad still has it and intends on working on the it when he gets some time. It has a great engine but needs a few things replaced. I miss that car.

Hey, thanks! Falcons are great, I just saw a mint cond. white one the other day, I'm gonna assume it was early 60's. All old cars are worth taking care of. If hollywood had their way, they'd all be crased while making fast and furious (AKA Rice and ridiculous) movies.

Your babies are sooo cute!

lets see if i can post a pic again.Kitchen elf was so helpful the last time..
maybe i can remember(from 5 minutes ago-hehe)

this is my oldest daughter--graduates this year(i know Duh)

dec21ee9kj9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I have to be honest now. Here's what I really look like:

e-thug.jpg

Sometimes I feel bad for the people that are in these pictures, than a look at the picture and ROFL!

(modang it, I was gonna try a scot that very pic in, though I would get in trouble though...

I like the stang. I love the old ones or the fox bodys.

I have a 76 Lincoln, a 54 Ford coupe(more of a rat rod), and actually just sold the ol Indian. was a great bobber.

Last edited:
Nice rides. I almost bought one of these:

lemay_museum57.jpg

for 2500, except the sea foam green had faded rather badly. Than I found a '70 boss 302 and went after that, After that got sold to "some guy from NY who was driving thru" I found a '71 'Cuda modded to accept Vette tail lights. that was 1500, but it got sold a day before I had the money and than my friend, Tom, blew the 347 he had in his 68 coupe for the third time and realized it was time to get a new motor and he wouldn't have time or money for the 66, so he sold it to me for a grand! WOO-HOO!!!!

StirBlue said:

Look at that super unleaded gasoline was $4.91 a gallon and Marlboro's were $3.99 a pack! (maybe gas was $3.99 and cig's were $4.91...what do you think?

Clutch is the man walking into the store behind Maidrite. :LOL:
I know I'm really late responding to the posts about this, but it is the first time I have had the chance! We had actually just bought a car on ebay (it was in a little town in Pennyslvania right outside of Trenton, NJ) and were on our way home. We decided to do some sightseeing in Philadelphia, but we were so tired and hopelessly lost that we stopped at this gas station to buy a map so we could just get home. Kia just happened to be getting gas there and let us take our picture with her. She was so incredibly nice! As far as the prices on the window, both the $4.91 and $3.99 were cigarettes and not gas, or we would not have been traveling that summer!! That was before gas started skyrocketing.

:) Barbara

Cool. I love to hear about the celebs who are down to earth and still know their roots. I went to a signing for Staind's album, Break the Cycle. Long story short, they were coming to Fords NJ from NY city and were supposed to be there from 8-10PM, they didn't arrive till about 8:45 and we didn't set foot in the building till about 10:20. It was about 10:45-ish when we got to the table and the first thing I hear out of the guitarists mouth was (to the lady who worked at Vintage Vinyl) "How are we getting paid for this? Is this going thru the label or thru you guys?" reffering to the "over time" they were pulling. Ever since than, I lost respect for that man. I still enjoy the bands music, but will never go out of my way like that again. At least keep it hush and out of your fans earshot! DANG!

Back
Top Bottom