"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #61
Senior Cook

I've never driven an evo, but I must say, I'm a little partial to the WRX if I were to go down that road. The way I see it, if I want 4WD, I'll get my truck. I can go a bit farther off road in that, than an evo or wrx. Just my personal preferance. I must say tho, those turbo'd 4's haul some serious behind and the launch on them AWD's is ridiculous! LOL!

But I'll still stick with my old cars and big trucks! After my 66 coupe is done, I'm hunting down a 63 Thunderbird, kinda like this:

But, in the words of the great Henry Ford, "Any color you want, just so long as it's black."

This would stay stock, unlike the Stang. The T-Bird would be more of a cruising car that my speed car.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:33 PM   #62
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
my picture is in my profile on the right hand side...

Old 02-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #63
Master Chef

Clutch, your Mustang needs some TLC ;o)
I don't like the americans cars that much, I prefer the old Mercedes as ours are

btw: a friend of us has a thunderbird.. but I don't know the year...
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #64
Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to mad_evo99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I must say tho, those turbo'd 4's haul some serious behind and the launch on them AWD's is ridiculous!
Heck yeah they do :) The Evo VIII is stock 278hp and mine's around 330 with the turbo-back and ECU. Cams and gears can take it to 390, which I think is next on the list
Old 02-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #65
Master Chef

what are you doing with so much hp??
You can't drive high speed, can you?
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #66
Senior Cook

390 is baby numbers. Moreso when a turbo is added. A friend of mine has a 5 liter motor with 638BHP, naturally asperiated on pump gas (93 octane).

I have a parts list (somewhere) for a 670 HP 5.0 stroker motor. Once again, N/A.

I plan to build a mild 400-450HP motor for the 66 Coupe and maybe strap a S/C on it. I'd love to find a way to buy a complete 03-04 cobra motor for it! Those are good for a solid 650+ with a turbo mod.

Cara, I do agree. I don't have a huge passion for American cars, new ones that is. I'm a classic car guy to the max and will never give up my classic American cars. I'm frankly getting tired of driving American cars, tho. They aren't reliable enough and we Americans need to incorperate the Chinese/Japanese standards into the way we build our cars. Than American cars might re-gain some sort of market.

My next car (truck rather) is going to be a Toyota Tacoma and my next car would prolly be the Acura TL Type S or Toyota Camry, Prius if I get a hybrid, which I am considering.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #67
Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to mad_evo99
Cara - Hee-hee... of course not ;) I do race legally though (ice race this Sunday!)

Clutch - One word: sweet!
Old 02-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #68
Head Chef

I think that is great that you collect cars. Keep us posted as to what you get next.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #69
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
When you open this thread it tries to put a cookie called server9.proxy on your computer. Can any of the admins, check this out?
I have Windows XP prompt me for every cookie that a site wants to put on my computer.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #70
Technical Administrator

Hi. We don't set any cookies other than the one from vBulletin that keeps whether or not you're logged into the site. It's possible that you may have picked up this cookie on another site, although I'm not sure why it would only show up on this thread. Please go to Tools->Internet Options->General. Then click "Delete" under Browsing History and then click "Delete Cookies". This will remove all you cookies in Internet Explorer 7.
Also, in the future, if you have a technical problem like this please click the "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page, submit a support ticket and we will receive an email notification.
Please open a ticket or PM me if you continue to have a problem with this.

Best Regards,
Ben P