Pill pockets for pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bicycles...

But, you do want to be careful about taking dog meds. There are some that are not safe for humans. I will admit, I have taken cephalexin in a pinch...and I'm still alive. And, most of the heart meds I gave my heart dog are the same ones my mom is on. I know the side effects and because one of them "binds with potassium" when my mom went "loopy" I was able to tell my dad to take her in and have her electrolytes checked. I also knew that they couldn't run the IV too fast because of the fact she is a heart patient. My dad handed the phone to the dr (who was a high school friend) and said, "talk to her, she has a dog with the same heart problem and knows what's wrong." Interestingly enough, they hadn't checked my mom's lytes. Duh. He (my hs friend) said, "I didn't know you were a vet..." Anyway, once they checked my mom's lytes, they knew that her potassium level was out of wack and they were able to adjust it. Now, if my mom starts to "talk nonsense" my dad calls me and asks me if I think her lytes are off! My dad won't let me edit his writing (I am an editor), but he will let me give medical advice...which I am not qualified to do.

Back
Top Bottom