Pinterest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay, I applied to it and was invited and accepted. Now what the heck do I do with it? Anyone else here a member? There appears to be a lot of good stuff.

Okay, I applied to it and was invited and accepted. Now what the heck do I do with it? Anyone else here a member? There appears to be a lot of good stuff.

Why did you join? I go there every once in a while just to look, never tried to join.

I'm a member. I've found a lot of recipes and a lot of DIY craft projects to do.

If you download th toolbar and you're stumblig around (works great with the stumbleupon toolbar) and you see something you like and want to share, you hit pin it on the toolbar you downloaded. Or you can just look around the various pinterest boards and repin thigs you like

I just joined the other day and am having a ball! I love seeing what my friends are interested in and sharing my interests. I like how I can show a little of who I am through pictures. :cool:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Why did you join? I go there every once in a while just to look, never tried to join.

Not sure. I figured, what the heck? Some FB friends rave about it!

Last edited:
I was curious too but I'm not into organized social sites like FB etc. I prefer forums like DC, where you share your specific interests instead of sharing your whole life.

I'm on another forum too, very unlike this one, and I prefer forums as well, though I am a member of FB and pinterest. But mostly b/c I love pictures and things like that and am able to look into the lives of others (IE be nosy) that way

I have no personal interest in FB but I certainly meant no criticism of those who enjoy social sites. Each to their own.

DC is the only cooking forum that I participate in. DC is big enough and active enough that I feel no need to discuss cooking elsewhere.

About the only other forum I'm active in discusses politics. It seems to me that politics is a subject that is better kept out of the kitchen and dining room. :)

The other forum I go on is a relationship forum but it also has other hobbies and travel and such. I've been a member a few years and I really like it there. It's heavily moderated so everything stays civil. I've made a lot of great friends from it. My husband knows I'm on it but doesn't read it (so I can feel free to post what I want about our relationship and such). But I'm just getting started on this one so we will see how that goes :)

Not sure. I figured, what the heck? Some FB friends rave about it!
I signed up a few weeks ago, but haven't done anything with it yet. To be honest, I don't know if I will. With everything else going on in my life, it seems like I just don't have enough time for all of these social networking sites.

I just signed up for it and actually use it to pin recipes I use from various websites :) it helps to keep them all in one place.

It's a great way to waste time. =)~ It is handy though. I've tons of great ideas percolating now. It's like a never-ending catalog that I can page through at will. <3 it!

Back
Top Bottom