Pirates Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) There must be a way to handle those sorry suckers a few warships and helicopters with sharp shooters would do the trick. Or maybe just maybe some countries dont want to help because it will shoot up oil prices in their favor?

Pirates today? Doesn't seem possible does it? (unless your talking about the ones that have trashed your 401k).....
But, back on the subject. I don't understand why the shipping companys don't have thier own security on board. It seems that a few BMG 50 cal semi auto's would discourage any would be pirates.

I have a way to deal with them, and I am not alone in my position. But I cannot talk about it on the cooking board.

I remember last year when I read a story about pirates. My first though was, "Cool! Pirates!" And then when my head cleared from my Johnny Depp fantasies I realized what a terrible thing it was.

But one thing confuses me and I asked DH about this last night. What do they do with ship full of oil? How do they get away with docking the ship and selling the stuff without getting caught? I guess that's why I'm not a pirate.

I remember last year when I read a story about pirates. My first though was, "Cool! Pirates!" And then when my head cleared from my Johnny Depp fantasies I realized what a terrible thing it was.

But one thing confuses me and I asked DH about this last night. What do they do with ship full of oil? How do they get away with docking the ship and selling the stuff without getting caught? I guess that's why I'm not a pirate.
:) They don't take the oil they hold ship and crew for ransom and strip ship of anything else they can carry away. The Somalian government has no interest in dealing with as I'm sure they get paid off. I read the towns nearby are boom towns because of all the loot and money they get, so yea I guess no one there is complaining.

Pirates have always been with us. We just don't think of them as pirates. No hooks, no funny hats, not peglegs, no parrots. Just hijacking and holding for ransom.

As if we didn't have enough problems in this world, now we have to worry about pirates ransoming our oil supply. We're gonna need a bigger bomb. :rolleyes:

:) They don't take the oil they hold ship and crew for ransom and strip ship of anything else they can carry away. The Somalian government has no interest in dealing with as I'm sure they get paid off. I read the towns nearby are boom towns because of all the loot and money they get, so yea I guess no one there is complaining.

The problem is that there is not really a Somalian govt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom