Pizza Hut Testing 'Skinny Slice'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, that's the big question. do they charge a skinny price?

i saw on the news today that it drops the average slice from 290 calories to 210. big deal.

Anyway, the whole point of pizza is that it's fattening. It's comfort food.

When the boss is driving you to drink or your boyfriend has dumped you or you're just feeling down - Pizza!

I don't eat pizza often, but when I do, I want it to be a big thick slice with lots of my favorite toppings!

When we eat or drink the forbidden stuff, we eat it as it's supposed to be or just skip t. Why not even bother? Pizza needs lots of stuff and hot fudge sundaes need whipped cream on top.

wow, i disagree in part.

we often eat healthy pizza. thin crust, aromatic sauce, no cheese dump but rather a spot here and there without. it's a beautiful thing.

veggie toppings if really necessary to fill you up.

garbage pies have their place too. but that's like eating a burger with everything, or an omelette with everything every time.

We love pizza done with a prebaked flour tortilla, a spoonful of homemade pizza sauce, and some pepperoni, mushrooms, sliced scallions, and shredded mozarella. Bake in the toaster oven. It's really as good as Papa Murphy's.

my mom used to make tortilla, pita, and english muffin pizzas; all as good as any chain bs.

i guess i'm spoiled to live in one of the 4 world capitals of pizza. (real pizza, not weird, fusion stuff). i can get great pizzas from dozens of places within 15 minutes of my house.

Seems to me it would be healthy but bla tasting. If they can get it tasting better than eating rice crackers with tofu or soybean paste on top, then ok. They probably will try using ingredients like dried tomatoes or like what that California Pizza Kitchen chef did...using all kinds of unusual fresh and healthy ingredients as toppings. I wouldn't be surprised it they copy that approach that made California Pizza Kitchen pizza chain famous. That guy who started making pizzas that way got hired by Sprago, then two business men who knew nothing about pizza funded him and C P K was born.

I think offering a healthier option is a good idea. If you're with people who are ordering pizza and you're watching what you eat, it's nice to have the option.

Back
Top Bottom