plans for Saturday, January 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
my Mom is supposed to be here around noon. going in to school for a few to get a text i need for a chapter i have to read. then i'm going all around Pittsburgh, for various reasons, then in a few minutes here, paying my bills, then getting a bath. i need to get a shower curtain today. then, i'm settling in with my homework, studying & having some drinks, & if i think i studied well enough, i may go out somewhere.. i have to clean, too, nap?, pet my kitties, clean my fridge out, etc.. what are you doing today?:)

Last edited:
Today is Mr. BlueCat's birthday and so I'll be making him his favorite dish, stir-fried chicken & shallots. We don't normally plan anything big for his birthday, since we're in the Chicago area and January 28th can bring all sorts of crummy weather, but today it's just supposed to be rainy and warm-ish for us. So we'll go out and do something fun.

BC

We've got some snow to shovel. I need to do some cleaning and a little laundry. There's an elderly gentleman in town that we take care of...he just got home from the hospital last evening so we'll be going to check on him. I'd like to make some bread today...we'll see how the time goes.

Happy Birthday to Mr. BlueCat! :)

Still in my slug mode. Got some ribs defrosting on the counter for later. Refusing to do laundry today. Have to walk the dogs. HH is already taking his afternoon nap, and it's only just past noon here.

Today is dh's birthday and next week is grandaughter's birthday so we are combining them since my daughter will be out of town next week. I'm making a rib roast, rosemary baby potatoes, zuchini and yellow squash casserole, green salad and yeast rolls, with cheesecake for dessert. I've already been to Curves, the grocery store and done a couple of errands, so I think I need a brief nap.

I went back to sleep for a couple of hours. That felt good. It's still raining,so, I won't be doing too much until it stops, then, I have to go put deposits down on our cabins for the family reunion this year.

Just feeding Callum before I'm off to my first modern class since before I had him! I'm so excited! 1 1/2 hours, kid free! It will feel so good to get some good exercise! We've also got a friend visiting but we aren't really sure when he'll be here so I'm not sure what we'll do the rest of the day...

We're going to run some errands.. Safeway, homedepot and a stop at Starbucks (yes.. we go there tooooo much!!) After we get home we'll fix the toilet and fix a light switch that's broken and then I'll make some treats to take to the birthday party we are going to tonight. I'll try to get a nap in somewhere since it'll be a very very late night.

I'll be reading a dozen or so articles for my class and writing a short thing about which two articles have helped me the most on my project so far. Also I am washing clothes. :rolleyes: I don't feel well at all (possible kidney stone, headache, blood pressure feels very high), so I may be sleeping some, but I also have lesson plans to do this weekend and an important assignment due Monday. Not a lot of rest time!

:) Barbara

Doing laundry and watching the winter x games. Jayson Hale who competes in SBX (snowboard cross) is going to the Olympics and he is competing in the x games today on NBC. Jayson is from Sierraville, CA which is only 13 miles from where I live. I want to make some cookies, but that might wait until tomorrow. It is supposed to be snowing, but have only seen some small flurries. I need to decide what to have for dinner.

Last edited:
Barbara, you may want to do the thing with cinnamon if you are having a problem with B/P. 1/2 tsp a day is supposed to help very much, and that wouldn't be hard to do. Hope you are feeling better shortly.

Barbara, take care of yourself...sounds like you have too much to do this weekend. Be good to you!

skillet chicken topped with creamy white chicken gravy and chili powder, mashed potatoes and salad - chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup for dessert TALK ABOUT CALORIES!!!

Licia,

Thank you for reminding me about the cinnamon. We will have to try that. We have been without our blood pressure medicine (we both take 2 kinds) for a few days now, but I get paid Tuesday, thank goodness. There has been so much drama at work (with some co-workers who cannot get along with each other), and I don't think that is helping!

:) Barbara

whew, got in a few minutes ago, since 12:30-1:00-ish. i did so much today. i need a piece of pizza and a drink. such a headache & i'm exhausted, gotta study, though, & then study some more.

i worked the overnight, then when i got home i just wanted to play with my boy, so i overrode the need for sleep, and stayed up a while with him. then, since i was still awake, i watched one of my favourite movies, "mrs. brown". judi dench and billy connolly were great in it. i also fed our birds, our cats, and the outdoor cats.
i finally got a few winks, then i got up around 4 and cooked dinner while browsing an old cookbook (emeril's tv dinners) that i found and had forgotten about getting with my cookware. i don't think i've ever looked it over. many good looking recipes.
for dinner, i made oven baked, bbq sauced chicken legs. i forgot if it was jenny or rainee that suggested it, but it came out great. thanks ladies. :chef:
i skinned about 20 legs, sprinkled with s&p, broiled them for just a few minutes on each side, then layered them in a baking dish, and covered them with spicy honey bbq sauce, then sealed the dish with foil and baked them at 225 degrees for about 2 hours. occasionally, the were turned in the sauce. they were delicious; tender but not overly gushy (that's why i broiled them first, to get a little texture). even my little guy ate 2.

and now i'm back at work, again. the mouse wheel needs turning... :huh:

Back
Top Bottom