"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
Master Chef

plans for Saturday, January 28th?

my Mom is supposed to be here around noon. going in to school for a few to get a text i need for a chapter i have to read. then i'm going all around Pittsburgh, for various reasons, then in a few minutes here, paying my bills, then getting a bath. i need to get a shower curtain today. then, i'm settling in with my homework, studying & having some drinks, & if i think i studied well enough, i may go out somewhere.. i have to clean, too, nap?, pet my kitties, clean my fridge out, etc.. what are you doing today?

Old 01-28-2006, 10:46 AM   #2
Sous Chef

Today is Mr. BlueCat's birthday and so I'll be making him his favorite dish, stir-fried chicken & shallots. We don't normally plan anything big for his birthday, since we're in the Chicago area and January 28th can bring all sorts of crummy weather, but today it's just supposed to be rainy and warm-ish for us. So we'll go out and do something fun.

BC

Old 01-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #3
Head Chef

We've got some snow to shovel. I need to do some cleaning and a little laundry. There's an elderly gentleman in town that we take care of...he just got home from the hospital last evening so we'll be going to check on him. I'd like to make some bread today...we'll see how the time goes.

Happy Birthday to Mr. BlueCat!

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Still in my slug mode. Got some ribs defrosting on the counter for later. Refusing to do laundry today. Have to walk the dogs. HH is already taking his afternoon nap, and it's only just past noon here.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:55 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Today is dh's birthday and next week is grandaughter's birthday so we are combining them since my daughter will be out of town next week. I'm making a rib roast, rosemary baby potatoes, zuchini and yellow squash casserole, green salad and yeast rolls, with cheesecake for dessert. I've already been to Curves, the grocery store and done a couple of errands, so I think I need a brief nap.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:01 PM   #6
Master Chef

I went back to sleep for a couple of hours. That felt good. It's still raining,so, I won't be doing too much until it stops, then, I have to go put deposits down on our cabins for the family reunion this year.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:03 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
so I think I need a brief nap.
I'd say you deserve one!
Old 01-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Just feeding Callum before I'm off to my first modern class since before I had him! I'm so excited! 1 1/2 hours, kid free! It will feel so good to get some good exercise! We've also got a friend visiting but we aren't really sure when he'll be here so I'm not sure what we'll do the rest of the day...
Old 01-28-2006, 01:31 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We're going to run some errands.. Safeway, homedepot and a stop at Starbucks (yes.. we go there tooooo much!!) After we get home we'll fix the toilet and fix a light switch that's broken and then I'll make some treats to take to the birthday party we are going to tonight. I'll try to get a nap in somewhere since it'll be a very very late night.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:32 PM   #10
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'll be reading a dozen or so articles for my class and writing a short thing about which two articles have helped me the most on my project so far. Also I am washing clothes. I don't feel well at all (possible kidney stone, headache, blood pressure feels very high), so I may be sleeping some, but I also have lesson plans to do this weekend and an important assignment due Monday. Not a lot of rest time!

Barbara