Plans for this weekend, Nov 26 & 27?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
What are your plans for the rest of Thanksgiving weekend? Shopping? Relaxing? Christmas tree? All of the above?

My DH is working today, so Aidan and I will be braving the crowds at Target for some overdue baby shopping. I figured I might as well since we have nothing else to do today, as long as it's not too crazy. If it is we will hide away somewhere for a while. But, like I said, this is overdue baby shopping. I need to get my rear in gear (I guess it would be really overdue if the baby had already come:rolleyes: ). I feel like we were so prepared when we had Aidan and this time we are so relaxed that I'm needing to remind myself we don't have much longer to go. Tomorrow, however, we will relax. Maybe make an apple pie...

Have a great weekend everyone!

Now that I have the crud that my sister brought over, I'm not doing much of anything! I've cleaned out closets that REALLY needed it, hoping to sweat some of it out. Not working so well, so, if you don't see me on here too much, I'm in bed.

planned to do nothing, but, kids said what's for dinner sunday, soo, I got up and made it to the market through holiday shoppers, set on RUDE mode...Then stopped at toy's "R" us, couldn't get a parking space so I came home, unloaded the car, cleaned out the refridgerator, you know shuffle stuff about, take some out to the 2 refridgerators in the garage, then stuff everything back in...:LOL: Fed the two little kittens someone dumped last sunday, had a cup of coffee and rubbed a prime rib with cracked black pepper and grey salt for dinner tomorrow. Now I'm parked right here for some fun..How long this will last is anbody's guess:LOL: Next I need to figure out a dessert for tomorrow..yikes...
is it time for bed yet?:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

College football is on tv...I'm taking down all my autumn/Thanksgiving decorations and piling them on my table - along with all the china, silver and glassware from Thanksgiving dinner...YIKES! It's a mess. Tomorrow I'll be packing it all away while I watch the NFL games.

Relaxing mostly. Cleaning, laundry, cooking. Oh I went to Kmart today and bought some Christmas lights for the front porch, blue ones, and some silver garland to wrap around my posts on the porch. It was cold and snowing but what the heck. Those blue lights really look nice against the snowfall! I didnt do alot of shopping on Black Friday, not much into crowds and lines for things I dont really need. This week should be a quiet time at the stores :)

My mom and I went to a craft's faire, yesterday, in Reno, NV and avoided all department stores.

Today, I helped my mom deliver her goodies that she made to sell at a local Christmas faire. She made chocolate fudge, mixed nut brittle, peppermint bark, fudge tarts, orange cranberry bread, pumpkin bread, and 4 kinds of cookies. Whew, it makes me tired just listing all the stuff that she made.:LOL:

Tomorrow, I am going to put some bean soup on to simmer on the stove all day with ham hocks. Make an apple pie for the guys at work. Relax. Do laundry and other stuff around the house.

Sierra, the guys at work must love you to death! :cool: I don't plan on doing anything, myself. I still have 2 cords of wood that needs to be stacked but I'll get to it when I get to it. I'm being lazy, what can I say? :mrgreen:

HB is working second shift all weekend, so I'm doing what I can for the cause.

Corazon, when my second baby was over-due (10 days with both girls), I got on my hands and knees and paste-waxed and buffed my hardwood floor. I didn't really need a buffer, as my belly dragged the floor as I moved along. :LOL:
When my oldest had her baby, he was 10 days late as well, so I just figured we aren't average when it comes to our gestations dates. When my second daughter had hers, the doctor tried to hurry things along, but little Jesse came out when he was good and ready...10 days late.

Just got home from a baby shower for a cousin's daughter. Had a very good time. Tomorrow, SH and I will bravely face the crowds at the mall.

Good luck! Oops! I meant break a leg and wasabi you guys are brave. I wouldn't dare to do that. :shock:

Cameron

Cameron, Thanks. We go very early and leave about lunch time when it gets very busy. Works for us.This is what we have to look forward to.:LOL:

There was a line of 150 people at the KB Toy Store at 5 a.m., a constant crowd at the Keeaumoku Wal-Mart, which started last night, and eager shoppers filed into Sears at 6 a.m.

Last edited:
Constance said:
HB is working second shift all weekend, so I'm doing what I can for the cause.

Corazon, when my second baby was over-due (10 days with both girls), I got on my hands and knees and paste-waxed and buffed my hardwood floor. I didn't really need a buffer, as my belly dragged the floor as I moved along. :LOL:
When my oldest had her baby, he was 10 days late as well, so I just figured we aren't average when it comes to our gestations dates. When my second daughter had hers, the doctor tried to hurry things along, but little Jesse came out when he was good and ready...10 days late.

I'm not overdue yet, just overdue with shopping for the baby. I've got about 2 weeks left but just bought the car seat today. I feel like I should have done it a couple weeks ago, just in case. But we have most of the stuff we need, and the things we don't have yet we can live without for a little while. The car seat was the big one though! Funny about you buffing the floor, I bet it was that nesting urge kicking in, I get it every now and then but then just end up exhausted soon after I start a project like that. I guess I just keep thinking since our first was a week late, this one will be too but that may not turn out to be true at all! This baby might come tomorrow for all I know, but at least we have the car seat now.

Okay, enough hijacking of the topic...
:mad: Just found out DH is working tomorrow too. 48 hours without him.:mad: Don't know what we'll do tomorrow. Something fun. Tonight, Aidan and I went to Starbucks for a hot chocolate, he loves the stuff, and we sat by the fireplace they have. We had such a nice time hanging out and playing, we were there for almost an hour. It was record time with a 2 year old, then he fell asleep in the car. Bless his heart.:sleep:

Just a regular old weekend for us. I worked on schoolwork, and I graded some papers today. I spent way too much time on the computer (a lot of it for school). Tomorrow we have church in the morning, drama practice at 4:30, and then church. After that, grading papers and doing lesson plans for the week.

:) Barbara

I left the house at 5:40 a.m. on Black Friday, hit Kohl's, Sears, and Foley's, was done by 9:30 a.m. and had done some serious damage to whittle down my Christmas list. I then had to conquer Walmart for foodstuff and stocking stuffers.
I'm now decluttering the house before I bring down the Christmas decorations from the attic. Today I'll conquer cleaning the garage out before the attic adventure begins.
I think I'll be ready to go back to work tomorrow to rest! I feel so much better, though, got so much done!!

DampCharcoal said:
Sierra, the guys at work must love you to death! :cool: I don't plan on doing anything, myself. I still have 2 cords of wood that needs to be stacked but I'll get to it when I get to it. I'm being lazy, what can I say? :mrgreen:

They do appreciate my cooking, DC. Last week I made them a blueberry crisp on Wednesday, because it was the last day that our temporary employees worked before getting laid off for the winter.

Today, I also have chores to do like picking up the last bits and pieces of summer lawn furniture, lawn tools, etc. before it snows tomorrow. I don't blame you for not stacking the firewood. It is my least favorite chore.

Back
Top Bottom