"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #21
Master Chef

I'm with the people who say not to do a knee-jerk reaction to one or two articles. So many foods and other items over my adult life have gone from being good for you to deadly, to good for you again, to being bad for you, that it is difficult to take anything seriously. As long as you are not living entirely off of the one thing being warned against (i.e., do you ONLY eat and drink out of that plastic?) I doubt it will hurt you.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Thankful you know GotGarlic. Then recycling is considered good in your opinion? I was always brought up to try to make use of things I own. Since that time, recycling has entered the picture. So I feel in some way I am doing just that.
Yes, I think recycling is good. There's also FreeCycle, where people post things they want to acquire or to get rid of, and other people contact them to give or get the goods.

Quote:
Frankly, I don't want to start an argument only would like information concerning the plastic I use and then try to recycle. I think what you say GotGarlic recycling does help the environment. This is all my own opinion.
I don't think we're arguing - we're discussing But when you ask for thoughts and opinions, you can't expect to only get ones that agree with your position I asked you about plastics because I honestly wanted to know what information you had that ruined your day.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #23
Executive Chef

disagree

what bothers me is when they question my reasoning. I have always thought to try to stick to things that were used when I was young. (Long time ago and getting longer) Cast iron skillets, glass containers, gas stoves, real hamburger(excluding hormones) by the way, have you noticed how the smell has changed or I have noticed this because I knew how it DID smell. Everyone says that it is progress but things are definitely too fast. People do not want to take the time to cook anymore. Go to the restaurants.

I guess I do feel bad if someone disagrees because I am concerned about people an their health. Of course, people all use their own intelligence to see what is best for them. I just hope when I do comment that people do not think I am trying to tell them what to do only that I wish them the best as I do myself. I hope I am able to use wisdom in all my choices.

Side note: as I was writing this comment, my own doctor just called and told me to come to his office tomorrow morning. Hope you can understand what I am writing about here.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
what bothers me is when they question my reasoning.
Well, when you ask for others' thoughts and opinions, there's always a chance someone reasons differently than you do. There's also a chance that your reasoning has left out an important element that someone else has taken into account, and (not saying this necessarily applies to you, I don't know you) there are a lot of people who have logical fallacies in their arguments and don't even realize it.

Quote:
Side note: as I was writing this comment, my own doctor just called and told me to come to his office tomorrow morning. Hope you can understand what I am writing about here.
I hope it's not serious.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Thoughts

Thanks for your thoughts, GotGarlic, one never knows what the doctor will tell you. Just have to know that all will be okay. thanks again.