Please keep my cousin in your prayers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
amber said:
First thing that should be done in the future is to unplug the equipment, and then put up a sign stating there is maintenance going on. I am surprised that this company didnt have these measures in place.

This was precisely my husband's reaction when I told him about this freak accident. He said that shutting off the fuse box when doing maintenance was one of the very first things they teach at Engineering school.

Barb, I am hoping for all the best for your cousin.

amber said:
Barb, I already replied in this thread, but I keep thinking about this accident, and how to prevent it from happening again. I am being practical here, and not blaming the man who turned the machine on. First thing that should be done in the future is to unplug the equipment, and then put up a sign stating there is maintenance going on. I am surprised that this company didnt have these measures in place. Sorry, just a little venting because this accident could have been so easily avoided. I hope your cousin is well on his way to recovery. Keep us posted.
We were saying the same thing--At the very least there should have been a sign next to the lever or button, and there should be other safeguards as well. I will probably talk to my dad on Sunday and will see if there is an update.

:) Barbara

Barb, I have also beein thinking about your BIL and also about the turning off of that machine vs. unplugging. In 1966, our family had only just arrived in the USA and my dad (was an electrical engineer) was grabbed by a mold making machine at a Chrysler plant in Detroit. He knew that the machine would crush his leg if it was switched off and completed its motion...just before he lost consciousness, he called out for help from a guy he knew would remember this. His his foot was crushed, but it was not as bad as it could have been. Doctors said he'd never walk properly again, but several weeks later he walked out of the Henry Ford hospital. I hope your BIL will recover as well as my dad did - I know his injuries must be more severe, and I sincerely hope that better safety measures are put into place at his place of work. I'm still sending prayers....Sandyj

Last edited:
Hi everyone, and thanks. I haven't heard any more news about Chuck (who is my cousin). I will call my dad tomorrow to see if he has heard anything. I have an easier time getting ahold of my dad on Sundays.

I got an update from my dad tonight. Although he is still not completely out of the woods (is that saying used other places?), Chuck has made amazing progress. The doctors are calling him Miracle Boy (LOL he's around 50). He is all black and blue, but he is already at home! The only real pain he feels is some back pain. Of course he is on pain killers. Thank you everyone for your prayers!

Wonderful news! Thanks for the update. Prayers for his complete recovery.:)

Wow Barb, I am really happy for him... what an amazing recovery!! He must be a very strong man, not only physically but in spirit. Let's hope he will heal completely before long!!

glad to hear it barbara. he must be a pretty tough guy.

as soon as he's fully recovered, you can start in with the skinny or tall jokes, like asking him to get stuff on the top shelf, or when he turns sideways, you can pretend not to see him anymore. :)

Back
Top Bottom