Please keep my mom in your prayers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Susan, I will be saying a chapter 20 of psalms for your mom. It is a traditional chapter that we say for somebody who is not well or needs help from above.

Oh Susan, I just saw this! I'm so sorry your mom is ill. You must be very frightened. Is she comfortable? In pain? I will pray that she can rest peacefully while she makes a complete recovery. Try to rest yourself, Susan, even if it's just in the chair next to her bed.

Thanks to everyone. It is very good Kadesma to know I am not alone and have caring friends here. I am trying my best to take care of me. I am an exhausted wreck. One of my mom's best friends is in the hospital too and it does not look good for her. I love Florence, too.

Yes, I am frightened because I don't know what is best. All I can do is try to accept whatever comes my way and pray that I do not have to make any difficult choices. I have her durable power of heathcare attorney.

She is comfortable and she only has pain when she coughs. They finally switched her to nasal canula that fit better. I am hoping that we caught it early enough and that she can bounce. If she bounces I think she should be able to stay where she is. The breathing treatments make a big difference and she is on iv antibiotics.

Thoughts and prayers are going your way Susan. Know you're not alone. I know how hard it is to have a loved one so ill. Stay strong.

Thanks so much everyone. I am exhausted. The roads were so bad that they asked folks not to be on them but I had to be with my mom. A 10-15 minute trek to the hospital took me 45 minutes. The way home, not much better--a half hour.

My mom is stable. Her lungs are loaded but she is drinking fluids and I am getting her to eat some. She is lucid and knows where she is at and I am very happy about that. I am beginning to think that she was over-medicated on top of everything.

I'll be checking things out for a bit, then off to bed for me.

Thanks so much for giving us the update. I'm glad she is doing better and very glad you made it home safe.
Take a good long rest. Easy your bones. And have a good night.

I'm glad you made it there and back safely. I pray you are sleeping well, and I pray that your mom's health continues to improve.

:flowers:Barbara

Dear Susan, I am glad that your Mom is doing better. It's tough to see your loved ones go through things like that. She is blessed to have you, and I believe you are blessed to have her as well. Good, loving parents are a precious gift.

I will pray for your Mom.

Mom update:
She has both bronchitis and pneumonia--lower right lobe but she is not aspirating food. Twice a swallow test was performed and she did well.

I shall be devastated if she dies and if she lives and further declines because of weakness and dementia, I will be devastated as well.

I have no desire to have to use her living will and hope that the issue never arises. I pray that it is taken out of my hands.

I have been crying at the hospital and crying when I saw Dave had passed. Today has not been a good day.

Peace be with you all and thanks for all your kind thoughts, prayers and concern. I am besides myself.

Back
Top Bottom