Please Root For the Red Sox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
So a lot of you know that normally I could care less about sports. Living in MA that has made me a bit of an oddity.

Well yesterday DW and I purchase a new mattress from Jordans Furniture. They are running a promotion that they ran last year. Our purchase will be free if the Red Sox sweep the world series. You had better believe that this year I will be rooting for the Sox with all my might.

Please join me in rooting for the Sox this year so that my mattress is free :mrgreen:

I'm really not sure about the Red Sox GB. I usually prefer to wear white ones or navy blue. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Like middie said, will do, unless they are playing the Cubs or Padres!

:)Barbara

Go Tribe.

But for you, GB.....

Did I mention the Indians?;)

Interesting special that store runs. I guess it's is more to show the owner's devotion than to draw in customers who think they will get a free mattress.
Gives you something to root for though.
:)

With our DISH superstations package we get to choose 3, so we chose the Boston station they offered. Otherwise I wouldn't have a clue what you are talking about! Interesting ad and offer!

:)Barbara

Thank you all for your support. ChefJune, you are not allowed to sleep on my mattress once the Sox win ;):ROFLMAO:

...I guess it's is more to show the owner's devotion than to draw in customers who think they will get a free mattress.
Gives you something to root for though.
:)

In order to understand the special offer the furniture store ran and why, you have to understand the sports fan in Massachusetts. Baseball, above all other sports, is a notch or two above politics and religion in importance to MA sports fans. The word fan, short for fanatic, accurately describes us.

A Red Sox fan starts every season knowing their team will win it all and that the Yankees are the Evil Empire. The fans are knowledgeable and go to all the games. Fenway park is always full.

Last year, the same store ran a similar promotion and paid out over $20 million to happy customers. This year is a logical progression.

It's not at all about the store's owner showing his devotion to the team, it's about taking advantage of the team's popularity to run a profitable promotion and gain untold visibility for his store - Jordan's Furniture.

It's a great deal. The store buys an insurance policy to pay out the winnings, leaving the owner free to root for his team.

By the way, Jordan's Furniture, the official furniture store of the Boston Red Sox, is owned by Warren Buffet, one of the richest men in the world. He lives in Cleveland.

By the way, GB, you will have to pass a quiz on the Red Sox and their season to get your check when they win.

Oh trust me Adillo, I know all about the Yankees/Sox rivalry. I know plenty about the sox, I just do not get into watching the games.

I don't get it..:ermm:...a fan, but doesn't watch the games....but tries to capitalze on their victories? :doh: Then asks people to pray for the team that he doesn't watch to win?

What do We get out of it? LOL

Back
Top Bottom