Please say prayers for Richie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My prayer for both you and your brother are that you both will be given the strength for whaterver happens. I won't pray for your brother to live. Rather, I will pray that the Lord's will be done. If it is truly his time to leave mortality, then he will be greeted by those who went before him, and will be waiting for you when it's your turn to go. And so it is with us all.

It is so hard to lose a loved one, be it brother, or parents, or a good freind. I have lost all of those for the time I am still here. But I know that we will be reunited, and will have a great celebration when that time comes.

I pray for you and your brother that you will weather this temporary seperation, and that you will be able to know that whatever happens, it is what is best for both of you, that you may grow in strength, and in your love for each other.

From your opening post, you have shown great fortitude, and wisdom. And yes, if it is not Richie's time to go, miracles do happen. I have witnessed such things.

I wish I had something clever, or sublime to say, something that could carry you through this difficult time. For even if you have strong faith, it is still a hard thing to bear. Just remember, you are not alone, either here, or spiritually.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

A big hearty thanks to all of who have sent prayers and wishes, it means so much.

Rich passed on around 4:30 this morning (11/17/06). It's going to be a very simple graveside ceremony on Tuesday, just the way he wanted it.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Oh Gossie - I'm so sorry but at the same time you know he's in a much better place. I started posting the other evening and I couldn't finish. I recently lost my sister to a different cancer but none of it is pleasant, is it? I am so sorry and I am sending a big heart-felt hug to you and your family. God Bless.

My heart hurts for I know exactly how you feel

I am so sorry Gossie. As kitchenelf said, Rich is in a much better place now.

My prayers to you and your family.

Yes, he is in a better place. However, I'm sure he's conning them up there not to let me in. :)

Cindy, so sorry for the loss of your brother. Prayers go out to you and your family. And don't worry about the pearly gates, Marge's Paul is standing watch and Marge will put in a good word for you when the time comes.

Thank you everyone. You guys don't even know me, and this means so much to me that I've found a place on the web where all you guys are so nice and understanding

Cindy, my deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences. May God rest Richie's soul and give you and your family the strength you need to overcome his loss.

Oh Cindy, I'm so sorry. Losing someone is so hard. I'm glad that he has some relief from his pain now. Prayers for healing for you and your family.

So Sorry at least he is not in pain anymore, but I know and understand the part of missing loved ones when they are gone. Thius is my favorite consolation prayer. Hope you find it useful.
Do not stand by my grave and weep,
I am not there...
I do not sleep,
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints upon the snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning hush,
I am the soft uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the stars that shine at night,
Do not stand by my grave and cry...
I am not there,
I did not die.

Gossie said:
A big hearty thanks to all of who have sent prayers and wishes, it means so much.

Rich passed on around 4:30 this morning (11/17/06). It's going to be a very simple graveside ceremony on Tuesday, just the way he wanted it.

Thank you so much.

I'm so sad for you, Cindy... but the prayers won't stop.

at least now he won't have any more pain,

and he'll be with you, always.

Back
Top Bottom