Please send your prayers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got another update. The neurologist did another examination and there was no change. Their best guess is that his brain stem was dislodged. They will do another exam tonight and will most likely disconnect the respirator then if there still is no change. Thank you all for your support and kind words. It does not make it any easier, but it certainly is comforting.

Last edited:
May the grace and strength of the Lord be with you during this difficult time.

this is just to tragic for words. i had an uncle that was involved in a car , bus. accident. same situation. he was 20 and was engaged to be married. his fiancé was killed instantly. he lingered for three days. his parents were just devastated to have to make that decision.

all of good thoughts are with you and your family. the parents will find the strength to do what is necessary.

love
babe

GB, I am so very, very sorry for your friends and for the young lad whose life was by far too short. I would hope, although this may be indelicate, that his family would consider giving the gift of life and donating his organs. I know that turning off the machines is a hard decision, but many people do get comfort from the fact that the person's organs have helped someone else and that a part of the loved one lives on, especially when one's life is cut short.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and with his family. What a good friend you are to be there, even though this is also hard on you.

CWS, I hope they have the strength to realize that by donating his organs some good can come out of this tragedy. Both my FIL and BIL are donar recipients with my BIL getting his kidney from a young boy who passed away. I remember how bitter sweet it was when we found that out. It is horrible when a life is taken too soon, but at least that life prevented another from ending early.

GB--it is a personal decision--but there are not enough organ donors in the world, as you know. Hopefully his family can find some peace in having the time to say good-bye--even though he is in the state he is in, I believe that he can feel the presence of those who love him.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, GB. I apologize that I didn't see this sooner. This is very difficult for all of you. I remember when we had to decide to remove life support from my Mom. I am so sorry for your loss.

I believe so too. I hope they do as well. His parents and brothers are some of the kindest people you would ever come across. They are in a complete state of shock and numbness right now of course.

So sorry for their loss--this is one of those "why do bad things happen to good people" questions. Hopefully they will be surrounded by those who love them in the difficult days ahead and will be able to draw strength from the same. Hold them close in your heart, GB. I know it is hard on you as well, but if you can hold them close, grief shared is easier to bear.

Last edited:
Today they tried taking him off the respirator to see if his breathing would kick in. It did not. He had a final exam today by a team of ten doctors. Unfortunately there was no change in his condition. He has been officially declared brain dead. I can not imagine what his parents are going through right now. At least they have a lot of love and support surrounding them right now.

RH"L, no body should know from such tragedy. Parents should not bery their children. G-d have mersy.

It is over. He is gone, but his organs are being donated so at least something good will come out of this horrible tragedy. Thank you all for your support and kind words you have shared during this. I cannot tell you how much it has meant to me.

Back
Top Bottom