Please talk to your children...Abduction attempt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reanie525i

Sous Chef
A man tried to abduct my son and two of his friends today - Thank God they got away - They did the right thing when he tried to get them in his car - They screamed and ran in the opposite direction - The man still pursued them untill he saw them call me on the cell phone - The police came right away and are looking for him as we speak - Please remind your children and grandchildren what to do if this happens to them

Goodness gracious!!!! Thank God they got away! Hope they catch the sicko. How's your son right now, Reannie?

Reanie,
your son and his friends are lucky they have parents such as you who take the time to teach them what to do in a case like this.Thank heavens for their safety. I can only imagine, how terrified they must have been. I hope this sick person is caught and dealt with swiftly.
Sending up thanks for the children being at home safe and sound, although scared.
kadesma

did they get a good look at him, reanie? it's tough to remember stuff when you're scared like that. i hope they catch him.

and like kads said, good for you for being an excellent parent.

Boy, that was a close shave for your son and his friends. That must have scared the wits out of them!! Hope they are all okay. Credit must go to you, Reanie, for teaching your son well!

There is a program called RadKIDS that trains children to actively resist unwanted aggression, including bullying. It trains adults to train the children. It has documented about 25 children who have used the training to escape an abduction. If you are connected with a service organization that could sponsor such training, it is VERY worthwhile. We are bringing it to our city in February. It is loosely connected to Ed Smart whose daughter was abducted from their home in Utah.

I'm so glad they got away and that they're okay Reanie.
Kudos to you cause they knew exactly what to do in
such a terrible, scary situation. I sure hope the s.o.b.
is caught before he attemts and succeeds.

I'm so glad they are okay - I can imagine you are all shaken up - I'm shaken up sitting here in my computer chair! I hope this person is caught - if for nothing else, to ease your mind.

Reanie!!!!!!!! How absolutely frightening. I would imagine you will be shaking for a few days! Hey, North Carolina isn't that far away - I'll come sit with you. Thank goodness for their reflexes and courage. It DID take courage and give him a hug from me. I hope they catch him soon. It's very unsettling to know someone like that is "out there".

Hugs, lots of hugs are being sent your way - and a prayer that he doesn't try this with other children. If they can't catch him then I pray he stops.

How brazen of him to follow them!:ohmy:

Strong work to you and your son/friends for knowing what to do and then doing it.

Hugs your way!

Sometimes the MEAN UGLY people of this world make me want to SCREAM!
I'm proud of your son and his friends for doing the right thing!

In today's society it is very important to talk to your children about not talking to strangers and immediately run to your parents. Thank god your son and his friends are okay.

Just listening to the story and what you read in the TV and newspapers adults and children have to be very careful.

How frightening. I am amazed that he would try to take several children. I've always felt that my grandchildren were safer in a group. I will pass your experience along to my children. Thank God you've taught them well and they heard you.

Thank you all for your posts. I am still a mess to say the least. Stayed up all night just looking at my son and crying. It makes you realize how precious they are. No child should have to go thru this. My son went to see the school counseler and she is talking to him again tonight. He is not sleeping well and suffering with some terrible nightmares. The school did send out a notice to other parents to make them aware of the situation. The State Police also were at the school watching the children who walk home and to keep an eye out for the sick SOB. They did get a good description of the man and the car but not the license plate of the vehicle. The man was between 30 to 40 years of age. He drove an older white pontiac that had a dent in the back rear on the right. I will try to post the newspaper article if I can - Thank you all - Irene

Reanie, it might be a good idea to give your darling boy a cup of chamomile to calm and soothe his nerves and to help him sleep better just before he retires for the night.

OMG!!! Reanie, I'm so sorry!!! I'm glad the boys got away, how old are they anyway?

This was about 23 years ago, but someone tried to walk off with my nephew in a busy mall.

My daughter, when she was small, was so lovable, she'd go up to complete strangers and give them a hug. Although I thought it was so cute, and everyone she gave a hug to thought it was so cute as well, I had to teach her not to go up to strangers. It's sad that you HAVE to take away a sweet gentle loving thing, but it's just the way it is. This world isn't safe and especially for children.

Update - They have still not caught this poor excuse of a man. I am still upset but we are coping as best we can. I just found out the same man tried to abduct a 13 year old girl the very next day. Am also upset because the police have stopped watching the kids when they walk home from school!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom