"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #11
Master Chef

How brazen of him to follow them!

Strong work to you and your son/friends for knowing what to do and then doing it.

Hugs your way!

Old 12-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Sometimes the MEAN UGLY people of this world make me want to SCREAM!
I'm proud of your son and his friends for doing the right thing!

Old 12-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Reanie, your son and his friends are brave and smart boys. Give them all a hug for me, and one for you too!
Old 12-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #14
Head Chef

In today's society it is very important to talk to your children about not talking to strangers and immediately run to your parents. Thank god your son and his friends are okay.

Just listening to the story and what you read in the TV and newspapers adults and children have to be very careful.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:04 PM   #15
Cook

How frightening. I am amazed that he would try to take several children. I've always felt that my grandchildren were safer in a group. I will pass your experience along to my children. Thank God you've taught them well and they heard you.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:40 AM   #16
Sous Chef

Thank you all for your posts. I am still a mess to say the least. Stayed up all night just looking at my son and crying. It makes you realize how precious they are. No child should have to go thru this. My son went to see the school counseler and she is talking to him again tonight. He is not sleeping well and suffering with some terrible nightmares. The school did send out a notice to other parents to make them aware of the situation. The State Police also were at the school watching the children who walk home and to keep an eye out for the sick SOB. They did get a good description of the man and the car but not the license plate of the vehicle. The man was between 30 to 40 years of age. He drove an older white pontiac that had a dent in the back rear on the right. I will try to post the newspaper article if I can - Thank you all - Irene
Old 12-14-2006, 09:00 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Reanie, it might be a good idea to give your darling boy a cup of chamomile to calm and soothe his nerves and to help him sleep better just before he retires for the night.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:09 PM   #18
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
HOLY!!!!!!!
I am SICKENED by this! Thank GOD they got away!!! You taught your kids well. Im speechless.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:46 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Send a message via ICQ to Gossie Send a message via Yahoo to Gossie
OMG!!! Reanie, I'm so sorry!!! I'm glad the boys got away, how old are they anyway?

This was about 23 years ago, but someone tried to walk off with my nephew in a busy mall.

My daughter, when she was small, was so lovable, she'd go up to complete strangers and give them a hug. Although I thought it was so cute, and everyone she gave a hug to thought it was so cute as well, I had to teach her not to go up to strangers. It's sad that you HAVE to take away a sweet gentle loving thing, but it's just the way it is. This world isn't safe and especially for children.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:48 AM   #20
Sous Chef

Update - They have still not caught this poor excuse of a man. I am still upset but we are coping as best we can. I just found out the same man tried to abduct a 13 year old girl the very next day. Am also upset because the police have stopped watching the kids when they walk home from school!!!!!