"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #11
Executive Chef

No, I didn't lose any money (this was an online tournament) but I had gone through and made to top 3-5 in previous elimination tournaments just to get to that point. The winner of the table I was on would've gotten a seat at the final table with all of the other table winners, and the winner of that final table would've gotten the chance to face the other 9 satellite tournament winners for a paid entry fee to the World Series of Poker Main Event (10K). Plus the site (Full Tilt Poker) would've decked you out in all of their gear for promotional purposes on TV.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef
I can't believe this ****. Two seats away from making it to the final table for a possible seat at the WSOP main event and I lose on a bull**** beat!!!! I'm 4th in chips and I go all in with pocket kings. This guy calls me with pocket fours...FOURS!!! So I'm leading the entire way and then he catches a four on the river!

Two hands later I go all in with Ace/Queen. The same guy calls me with King/Jack off-suit. The flop comes Ace, 3, Queen so I pair both my hole cards. Fourth street comes and it's a 7. Lightning can't strike twice right? I'm in a perfect position to double up and go back among the chip leaders. Dude catches a 10 on the river for a straight.
Where do you play? I am on PokerStars under the same handle. Sorry about the bad beat. It happens to me all the time and usually when the other player is playing a hand that should have been folded in the first place.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #13
Master Chef

Nm

Nevermind. I see where you play on FTP.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie
Where do you play? I am on PokerStars under the same handle. Sorry about the bad beat. It happens to me all the time and usually when the other player is playing a hand that should have been folded in the first place.
I play on Full Tilt and Ultimate Bet. I used to play on Poker Stars but it got too crowded, especially with people who can't really play. On both sites my sn is
"acekingsucks".
Old 06-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #15
Master Chef

I have to agree about it being crowded with folks that don't know how to play, or play every hand and hit the card they need.

I feel your pain!!
Old 06-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #16
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef
I play on Full Tilt and Ultimate Bet. I used to play on Poker Stars but it got too crowded, especially with people who can't really play. On both sites my sn is
"acekingsucks".
I've played on Ultimate Bet too, but just haven't the time to do so any more.

I think my sn was/is BigEvil1976 . . . . . .
Old 06-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Ironchef - sorry to hear that! I feel your pain. I love Texas Hold 'Em - I have never played online though-maybe I'll look for ya!
Old 06-09-2006, 06:33 AM   #18
Head Chef

Sorry IC, I understand the frustration.

Am not a card player, but know how to play the game. And you lost to the short odds.

But do like to handicap the ponies, and it is no fun watching your carefully chosen well-placed horse lose to a 50-1 shot with past performances that make him unfit to pull a hayride at a county fair.

Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you. I just wish the bears weren't so far ahead of the game.

LOL.

Good luck next time.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:05 PM   #19
Senior Cook

For some poker tips try

http://www.pokerforums.org/