Poking my head in... been a LONG time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Hey kids...
Just thought I'd drop by and say hey to some of my dear old friends =0)

How are y'all doing these days?

Hey, jkath!!! What's been happening in your world? Lot has happened to many of us and it is going to take you eons to catch up.

You would remember me as Katie E. I'm now Katie H, as Buck (also a DC member and my husband) died unexpectedly in 2008 and I've since remarried. That's my story in a nutshell.

Hang in there. You're sure to hear from others.

Don't be a stranger.

Well stranger, its good to see you here again! Are we going to be able to wangle that monster cookie recipe out of you this time around? ;)

Hey jkath! How are you?? I just peeked in too.

I'm doing great, with a tremendous amount of help from my friends..This weekend I'm moving 1500 miles across the country to start a whole new chapter of my life. Hope you are doing well too!

Good to see you here again!

Sheesh, I'm glad you reminded me -- has your address changed since the last time I sent you a card? We have something for you and it slipped my mind! :cool:

Hey there Jkath, so good to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and yours. Take care and come visit more often.
kades

What a nice welcome :D
Katie, I remember Buck's passing - and I remember the virtual hugs you got from this sweet extended DC family. Congratulations on your next season in life!!

GG - well helloo!

Miss Alix - I'm actually thinking of putting the recipe for Grandma's Monster Cookies on my blog eventually. Maybe in March, which was her birthday month, in a tribute to the best Grandma ever :)

Andy M... lovely to see you too!

Beth - You're moving THAT far! - wow that's an undertaking. Where to?

Barbara - yes it has - I'll send you the particulars :D

Kylie - thank you - hopefully I'll hang out here more!

Kadesma - so very glad to see you here!! Missed your grandmotherly wisdom.

LP - Heya!

So in a nutshell for me - I moved away from the cheating h mid-2010, and am now really happy. Divorce is a very good thing. Been dating a wonderful man for nearly a year, and I've been working in an office, doing Social Media (I know, surprise, surprise!) for a large company for 2-1/2 years. I also write a food blog.
My oldest is now 20, in school to be a mechanic and my younger will be graduating high school this May.
Still in SoCal, still having the heart of a southerner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom