Poll: Candle Scents in your home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Candle Scents do you use in your home?

• Total voters

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Since we enjoy the scents of cooking in the kitchen, I'm curious as to which scents you fill the rest of your home with.

You can choose as many or as few as you'd like.:)

Last edited:
i voted for all of them that i enjoy, but there's a few that i hate. our house used to be full of scent making candles and other devices, to the point i couldn't take it anymore. vanilla and fruit/berries are my faves. currently, there is a pear candle, and a mountain rain candle in the living room.

pine can smell ok as a candle, but if it's incense, it smells like christmas gone horribly wrong with the tree on fire.

i hate spice, especially cinnamon. it gives me a dry throat for some reason, and then i can smell it all day, even after i've left the house.

citrus smells too much like industrial cleaning fluid.

I leave the candle burning to my wife so whatever falvors she buys is what we have. I much prefer the smell of our wood burning stove.

I love this poll question I am a big nut on candles I buy home interior like groceries,lol... I picked floral fragrance, I love gardina...I am gonna give you karma for this,if I haven't already...:)

This is my dirty little secret - I burn yankee candle tarts every day -- only the yankee candle brand and usually only the tarts. I do have some large jar candles that I received as gifts that I burn sometimes. My favorite scents are clean cotton and sunwashed linen - very clean smelling, like downy. Midnight Summer is very strong - I like that one too. My holiday favorites are farmhouse apple and hollyberry. I spend a small fortune on wax, but it is the small things in life that make us smile:cool: .

My sister will only buy Yankee. She loves them. Lord, don't let her find out there is a sale!!! Your probably the same way too!! LOL

They really are the best candles. I have burned them for years - I like the tarts because of the low soot (had to repaint my ceilings once, not fun!) Girlfriend, I go nuts when they are on sale, which is hardly ever. Usually at the end of the year they have a big sale.

(*pssssst....did you girls know that Home Goods/TJ Maxx stores sell Yankee when they're newly discontinued?)
oh dear, is that Michellemarie running out the door?

My dd gets me something that plugs in to the electrical outlet and has a bottle of stuff you can regulate for high scent or less. I don't remember where she orders it from, but it smells good. It came with 3 refills. I'll have to see where the box is and what scent it is. Her house always smells so fresh and nice, but no distinct scent. I suppose she wants mine to smell the same. If I'm buying, I like vanilla, bayberry, light citrus. I like sandalwood if it isn't burning, but it sickens me if it is burning.

I love to make things "my own" in all things, candles included.
So, I like to burn two or three at a time. Here are some of my "recipes":

vanilla + lemon (smells like lemon meringue pie)
tangarine + cinnamon (spiced cider smell)
coconut + pineapple (you guessed it - pina colada!)
grapefruit + vanilla (just fabulous, imo)

I've got one burning in the kitchen right now.
It's called "warm apple pie"
I've always loved that aroma, especially when it's cold outside:)

texasgirl said:
I don't get to burn candles much. DH doesn't like any kind of perfume like smells.

Either does Paul. Vanilla is about the only thing I can get away with.
Sometimes a strawberry is ok.:)

I love candles, but I have bad allergies. I can deal with vanilla, strawberry, and apple pie scents, but the herbal, floral, or pine scents make me wheeze.
I know that sounds strange for a horticulturalist, but it's actually the time I spent in the garden and greenhouse that excellerated the asthma. You cannot imagine what it's like being on the lot with 20,000 petunias in bloom. Sheesh!

I hate petunias.

It's a 3 way tie between cinnamon/spice, vanilla, and floral. I like the all natural beeswax candles that are just slightly scented. If they are too artificially scented they can be a bit of an overkill...

I like subtle when it comes to candles and incense!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom