POLL: What ONE color is painted on more walls in your house?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLL: What ONE color is painted on more walls in your house?

• Red/Pink

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange/Peach

• Green/Sage

• Purple/Lavendar

• Black/Grey

• Total voters

jkath

Hospitality Queen
What ONE color is painted on the most wall space in your home?

Mine is yellow - my favorite color. It's sunny and happy :)

When we first moved into our house it was green. It seemed that the previous owners loved green and wanted it in just about every room. We have since changed that. Now we only have two rooms that share the same color (but much different shades) and that would be a beige/brown. More beige in the living room and more of a brown in the breezeway.

Are you talking ONE colour? Because we have several shades of yellow/cream in the main living areas, but we somehow all chose different shades of blue for our bedrooms. Weird huh?

Our walls are all a oatmealy camely very light brown and the ceilings are all one shade darker. It was a new house when we bought it a few years ago and sadly the painting had all ready been done when we found it. It's very dull. When the house needs painting again we'll brighten it up some. I have the neatest plans for the upstairs guest bedroom. I can't wait. I've got some of the art work already. Just waiting to find all the other items that I've dreamed about.:):)

Technically, off-white can be any color other color than white.:-p Sorry, my brother is the manager of a Sherwin Williams store & has been with them for 15 years. One of his pet peeves is when someone walks in asking for off-white paint. Oh well, he'll get over it, all my walls are off-white. As I get the time & $ though, my dining room(which is our office now) will be a light mauve, Savannah's room will be pale purple, & I haven't decided on anything else yet.

crewsk said:
Technically, off-white can be any color other color than white.:-p

You're not kidding! My parents had always had "eggshell" white, and when they finally decided to repaint, (it took over a year to choose a color), they made the crazy transition to :)ohmy: *gasp!*:ohmy: )"navajo white". They kept commenting on the extreme color change. It looked pretty much the same to me.
I'm the opposite. I painted my living room deep dark hunter green, and then, 7 years later, got bored and made it custard yellow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Home Depot calls it country white which is really a soft creamy white. When dh retired - we painted every room except the bathrooms and kitchen the country white. The kitchen is wallpapered in white with blue and pink antique vases and pitchers with some flowers. The wainscoting and chairrails are both white. The bathrooms are beadboard - one is pale grey and the other is a blue color - something between a dark baby blue and periwinkle. Our house was built in 1949, but has been upgraded and added on so much that everyone thinks it is only a few years old. DH built a wonderful cabinet in my DR and put doors with black chicken wire on them. It is one of my favorite things.

You forgot our real colors JKath shame on you.:mad: Neon Green/Neon Yellow how about adding those ? OK I forgive you, Just don't let it happen again! :LOL:I Love You Just The Same! Have a "MAIDRITE DAY":ohmy: :cool:

Maidrite, speaking of brights....
did I mention my younger boy's room?

img_172870_0_16b4f2846ca6ece2473aa45b3b8ad13b.jpg

Well since we're in transition and living in an apartment we don't have much color going on but its not white. The landlord let me paint and the color chip showed the color to be a light beige but with the lighting and furninshings it flucuates between a pale yellow to a beige.
Our house we just sold was mainly sage greens with cream and beige.
The next house will be a mix evolving around tuscany colors.

We rent so not much choice although DH has painted the small amount of wall, not tiled white, in the bathroom a really bright apple green. When we lived at my dad's we painted our room a mediterranean blue with this suede effects paint and Jessica's room had a green wall and 3 purple ones which looks much better than it sounds!

mrsmac, you sound like me! I love color! My kitchen has 3 yellow walls and a green one, with italian words and olive branches painted on it. I did it to match a set of dishes I loved. I was planning on repainting the room, as I thought it would deter the potential buyers going through my house, but the realtor told me I needed to keep it, and it's even in the listing as "handpainted murals". woo-hoo! I'm an "artiste"!

Jkath, you would love our friends house. When she was growing up her mother was very strict and did not like color. Everything was black and white. Well when she grew up she went the opposite direction. She lives in a very historic area (Arlington, MA) and there are tons of houses that are very old and on this historical register. A lot of people who live in her neighborhood are very stuffy, so they do not all appreciate her house because she painted it purple. People who live in the area all know about the "purple house". She also drives an Art Car. She took a brand new Saab and removed all the paint, then covered it in little toys, thousands of them. People either love it or hate it. She has received marriage proposals on her car as well as death threats. She is constantly improving her house. The last time I was there she was painting a hallway with 19 different colors. You would think with that many colors it would look horrible, but she has a great artistic eye and made it work so well. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of that, but I do have some pictures of the house that you can see Here.

Oh by the way, the pictures of the "Where The Wild Things Are" are the walls of the kids play room. She painted that freehand over a couple of nights when she couldn't sleep :)

That is so cute Crewsk. Savannah will need to fight me for it though. Actually the house is big enough that we can share :)

A few years ago she built a tree house for the kids. I wish I had pictures of that. It is seriously amazing. She imported a specific kind of driftwood for the railing. There are stained glass windows and all sorts of other things that would make your jaw drop. If it had electricity and plumbing then it would have been nicer than my first apartment. Who am I kidding, even without electricity and plumbing it is nicer :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom