"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Certified Pretend Chef

Poo Pourri.com

Just saw this ad and found it hilarious. The woman is advertising a real product in a most humorous way. It discusses a common bodily function so skip it if that bothers you.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
My best friend told me about this fine, fine product last spring and I laughed until tears ran down my face and my sides ached.

Believe it or not, one of our upscale cutsey-pie boutiques sells it here. I don't think I could contain myself if I actually saw the product for real.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
Wine Guy

A friend sent that link to me a few weeks ago. You're right. It is quite funny.

Some of the "scents" they advertise are a stitch. My favorite has to be "poo-tonium".
Old 10-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I saw this a couple weeks ago and showed my friends, I was shocked that it was a real product! Great way to advertise a product and the video was bound to go viral!

http://bakingbetter.com
Old 05-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #5
Head Chef

Just saw this-----Thanks for posting it this, AndyM. Funny!

"It discusses a common bodily function so skip it if that bothers you."

Thanks for the warning but bodily functions don't bother me. Nor the word 'poo' in the subject heading ----which is the diminutive for "poop".

I see it doesn't bother others either which is the adult way to handle it.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #6
Master Chef

Again?

Sorry, but I think this is just as inappropriate as the other Poop thread that was just removed.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #7
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle;1362241[B
]Again?[/B]

Sorry, but I think this is just as inappropriate as the other Poop thread that was just removed.
No, not again----- but still.

If one post is deemed inappropriate it's just curious why this one wasn't deleted also when it was first posted---- by someone else about 6 months ago. Two different site moderators thought it was o.k. and funny back then so.........I'm confused.

When that post first appeared I thought the post was 'tacky' but didn't comment. Just today I reassessed it and thought, if everyone else thinks it funny---- then maybe I should join the in-crowd.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post

If one post is deemed inappropriate it's just curious why this one wasn't deleted also when it was first posted---- by someone else about 6 months ago. Two different site moderators thought it was o.k. and funny back then so.........I'm confused.

When that post first appeared I thought the post was 'tacky' but didn't comment. Just today I reassessed it and thought, if everyone else thinks it funny---- then maybe I should join the in-crowd.
I would hardly call four people "everyone else." But I find it hard to believe you can't see what's offensive about your other post. As I said before, I think you just like stirring things up.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post

Interesting Cave. I didn't notice this was an old thread and I never saw it last year or I would have said something then.

Both your thread that was removed and this one, are inappropriate for a cooking site. Yes, we all know that poop is a bodily function along with farts etc. but most people past adolescence don't find it a subject to discuss.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Interesting Cave. I didn't notice this was an old thread and I never saw it last year or I would have said something then.

Both your thread that was removed and this one, are inappropriate for a cooking site. Yes, we all know that poop is a bodily function along with farts etc. but most people past adolescence don't find it a subject to discuss.
A lot of the discord here (at ALL forums) happen because people don't read the entire post/thread. I can understand that but it does lead to some furious flames and also to some very funny misunderstandings.

Even-handedness in doling out enforcement of Rules is a much desired but not often attained goal on forums.

Disease and deplorable conditions aren't funny, like a woman sitting on a toilet. If a person finds that funny. When it was first posted I just thought it was tacky and didn't comment until I decided to join the crowd and moderators and laugh at it also ---just a bit ago.

Not meaning to argue----- but what subject(s) do you think is appropriate for Off Topic?