Poor Kim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Kim had an accident in his workshop day before yesterday. The heavy lid of a large smoker he's building fell on his head while he was welding. It knocked him out, pinned his arm, and he came to on the concrete floor with the welder still running. When he finally got his arm free, he called the house on his cell phone. Fortunately, a friend was here helping me hang pictures, since I can barely walk, and don't drive. He ran out and found Kim all bloody, cleaned him up a little, and got him to the E.R. where they put 7 staples in his head.

Fortunately, he didn't have a concussion. I always told him he had a hard head.

Attachments

• staples resized.jpg
    staples resized.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 212
Holy cow! That could have been a whole lot worse! Thank goodness he’s ok!!

Tell him I said to get well soon.....and that I want to see pics of that man-eating smoker he’s building!!!

The risks we take for pleasure are amazing. The fact that we somehow survive through them is even more astounding.

I am so gladd he's ok, with just a bump on his head and a new scar to brag about (in the future of course).

And Kim, I gotta see that smoker when it's done. I applaud your efforts.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Glad you weren't hurt worse! It sounds like you will need to smoke up some mean meals in that smoker to teach it who is the real boss!!!lol

Glad you weren't hurt worse! It sounds like you will need to smoke up some mean meals in that smoker to teach it who is the real boss!!!lol

I'm surprised you didn't say:

"Now, if you gad a BGE, there's a safety feature that would have prevented this."

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

You all are so nice. Kim comes here all the time, and will see your messages. He just doesn't type, so he lets me do the talking for him.

Kim says you all will see pics of the smoker when it's finished. And Keltin, he's decided to name it "The Man-Eater".

Kim - oh my!!!!!!!!! I'm glad it wasn't any worse!!!!!!!! And Connie - this does NOT mean that if you run out of sticky notes you can start stapling notes to his head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :glare:

Take it easy and I too am looking forward to the pics of the smoker!

Oh, Constance! That looks pretty nasty. Watch over him over the next few weeks to make sure everything is okay. So sorry.

rofl, jeekinz!!!!!!

darn karma limits.

connie, i'm glad he's ok.

you could call him ol' swingline from now on. ;)

OWWW! Connie, I am so glad Kim wasn't hurt much worse. That had to be a scary moment! When Kim tells everyone that smoker was a real headache to build, he won't be joking!

:) Barbara

You all are so nice. Kim comes here all the time, and will see your messages. He just doesn't type, so he lets me do the talking for him.

Kim says you all will see pics of the smoker when it's finished. And Keltin, he's decided to name it "The Man-Eater".
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Constance, thank heavens Kim has such a fabulous sense of humor!!! That is one scary looking laceration! I know you'll be anxious for the next few days to make sure he's definitely OK. But man, he must have a really hard head! Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom