poor kitty-cat!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How old was he? I haven't had a kitty since my cat, Pookie, in 92. I still miss him, too. Bean looked like a cuttie. Sorry for your loss. But you should take comfort in knowing he went peacefully in your arms.

thanks, rob. my bean was 9. i'm so glad i got to hold him as he went.
i'm sorry about your pookie.
we kept saying to bean that he didn't have to stay awake anymore and that it was okay if he wanted to go to sleep, that we understood that he was worn out and needed to shut his eyes.
of course he didn't really know what we were saying, but i think he knew that we wanted him to be at peace.

Last edited:
:) animals are incredibly perceptive. they have that instinct- not unlike women's/Mother's instinct-, where they just KNOW things that they shouldn't be able to pick up on, but it seems stronger even than what we as women have, you know? it's awesome and it rather amazes me. the way they watch over each other when one of them is sick.... it's just amazing.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I once lost a puppy I was raising. At the time, it hurt as much as when I lost my parents. Some people don't understand that when you invest yourself in another living being, it doesn't matter who or what that life is. The loss is deep, and affects us all. Yes, I do believe that a human life is more precious than all others, but the love of a pet is no less sincere, and the loss, no less deeply felt.

I had a Yellow Lab that I had to give away as there were no places to rent that would allow us to have a pet. Other than my wife and kids, that animal was my best freind, and was absolutely loyal. It broke my heart. I was very careful who the dog was given to.

You will get over your grief, at least enough of it to keep going. But you will carry just a bit of it through the rest of your life. You will also carry the joyful memories of your relationship with the cat. Let them ballance each other.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

thanks for the words, guys.:) bluecat, i took bean to 2 veternarians and they both had very different opinions about what was wrong with him. so i'm not really sure what it was, exactly.
sierra, lol, his name started as 'twiddlebug'. i named him that. then my Parents kind of stole him from me and decided they wanted to re-name him, so he became 'tidbit.' for a short while it was 'tidbite' after the vet's office spelled it that way. he was 'duncan' for a very short awhile. then he became 'bean', i think because my Brother named him that. all of our felines have several names, but we go by thier regular names most often. but we come up with secondary names for them that we'll use here and there, and sometimes they stick.:-p

luvs_food said:
but we come up with secondary names for them that we'll use here and there, and sometimes they stick.:-p

My dog, Skidder, has a secondary name. It is Little Man which usually gets shortened to Man. It all started because my mom said he was a little big man. Or a little dog with a big attitude.

i like that name. skidder. that makes me smile.
sierra, tee-hee, even i have several names. my Mom calls me 'missy lynn', (i haven't a clue as to where that one came from; my name is aubrey.) my Dad calls me 'sis', and thier friends have applied various names to me throughout the years.

i have too many nicknames. my parents call me crazy legs bonzo and elroy. why i have no idea. my sister called me oompa when i was pregnant. 8 yrs later she still calls me that lol. then there's dez and desi since it's short for my name (desiree). people also call me shorty lol.

guys, my other cats have been so upset since bean's good-bye.
it's so sad but it's so sweet the way they care about each other.
oz has been following ester, mo and 'fe around and laying so close to them them he kind of uses them as a pillow. he won't let them out of his sight.
if he doesn't find one of them, they find him.
little 'po has been staying up all night just meowing and meowing, staring out the window, as soon as one meow is out he's meowing another. he lays and stares out the window and his eyes look so sad, maybe bewildered, it could make you cry. bean was his best buddy.
esther runs out the door, gets so stubborn about getting out that door, and go and lays out in the yard near where we buried him. if you try to bring her inside she gets frantic. and they take turns laying on top of where we buried him and i saw two of them curled up together out there.
they're indoor cats but if they want to be near bean, so be it. we let them out if the weather is just right, anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom