Popping in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Just stopping in to let anyone who might have worried know that I'm fine and not affected by the giant wildfire in northern Alberta. Thanks Katie for thinking of me. We're quite a ways south so no danger to us at all. We are instead working on helping the ~85000 people who have flooded south and into the city with nothing but the clothes they were wearing. Thankfully, so far I've heard about no fatalities due to the fire, and in fact...2 births have been recorded! So fatality count is +2!

I haven't abandoned you all here, just don't have much time or energy for posting these days. Working my rotation, dealing with my Mom (broke her hip...in rehab but cranky about it) takes most of my energy. I think of you all lots and send + thoughts out regularly.

If you need me or just want to chat a PM goes right to my phone and will find me fast. Lots of love DC family.

Thanks for giving us an update, Alix. I was worried about you because of your location and am glad to learn you are safe.

Take care of yourself and don't burn the candle at both ends...too much.

Sending helping and healing vibes to all up your way.

So good to see you Alix! I was thinking of you too as we're no strangers to wildfires around here, so I understand. The newscasts are shocking for your neck of the woods!
Glad you're safe and sound.

Hi Alix, nice to see you, and good to hear you're doing OK! Get-well wishes for your mom.

Glad you and yours are safe. I thought about you but looked at a map and realized you were south of where the fires are. It must be tough for all those fleeing. Some of the video was quite frightening. Hope your mom gets better soon, too.

Glad to hear you and your gang is fine. I feel so bad for all of those who are losing everything but their lives. Glad to hear people are heeding the evacuation orders, though.

Sorry about your Mom. I hope she rehabs quickly for both of your sakes.

Take care. Hope things settle for you soon so you can come back and play at DC.

Glad to hear you and your gang is fine. I feel so bad for all of those who are losing everything but their lives. Glad to hear people are heeding the evacuation orders, though.

Sorry about your Mom. I hope she rehabs quickly for both of your sakes.

Take care. Hope things settle for you soon so you can come back and play at DC.

Ohh I hope so too! You were one of my very favorites when I first came here!!:flowers: Smart, funny, and a great cook! I miss you girl!!

Sad to hear about your Mom, very happy to know that you and yours are safe. I have been reading personal accounts of people who are fleeing the fire. I can't imagine driving through thick smoke in order to get to the other side. My heart goes out to all Canadians. Disasters such as this affects the whole country. I can only imagine the worrying of those folks who live in other parts of the country, yet have relatives in the heart of all the trouble. Stay safe. Prayers are going up from this American. :angel:

A friend posted this on Facebook. You may have heard about it already, but I thought I'd share just in case.

Attachments

• 1462644158011.jpg
    1462644158011.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 108
Thanks all. I'm off to hand out debit cards tomorrow. Lots of folks in need still. So heartening to hear the good Samaritan stories though.

Mom's rehab is stalled out. They've told me that she will no longer be able to manage without significant assistance and that means finding her a new residence and moving her again. Ugh.

Feeling your good wishes and sending you all big hugs and thank yous for them.

Thanks all. I'm off to hand out debit cards tomorrow. Lots of folks in need still. So heartening to hear the good Samaritan stories though.

Mom's rehab is stalled out. They've told me that she will no longer be able to manage without significant assistance and that means finding her a new residence and moving her again. Ugh.

Feeling your good wishes and sending you all big hugs and thank yous for them.

Hi Alix. Glad to hear you're well. I'm sorry to hear your mom is failing. Take care.

Alix, how good to hear from you. I'm glad that you are ok, and I wish your mother gets better very, very soon. Actually was thinking you a while ago, even was checking your page here. Glad you are ok.

Back
Top Bottom