Positive thoughts and prayers please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyles

Head Chef
I've not been well this week, which is why I have been around as I've been off work. I went to the doctor today and he thinks I might have glandular fever (mononucleosis)

I was really shocked and I'm still upset, I have such a busy month ahead of me and already have had to cancel several engagements, possibly a trip to Berlin, and will have to cancel an appearance at the Amsterdam Half Marathon where I would have been raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Association.

I know there are many people worse off than me, but I'm so far away form family and friends, and I feel really lonely and quite scared. I have a blood test tomorrow then a wait for a week to get the results.

UGH! Sorry to hear about that kyles. I've had mono and its no fun. The good news is that you are in such good shape that it likely won't knock you down for very long. Get some rest and I'm saying prayers for you.

Kyles, you're going to need some help if it is mono. My friend had it and literally slept all day and night. I remember her husband trying to get soup down her for a couple of weeks. We weren't allowed in the house because it is so contagious.

Perhaps you could buy some cans of soup to have on hand so you'll have food if you are too tired to cook and get some small cans of juices and teas to keep by the bed.

Oh I'll be praying that you don't have it. :(

All the thoughts and prayers you need are yours. Rest and take care of yourself. {{{{{{hugs}}}}}

kadesma

I hope you feel better soon!! My youngest had mono before. He had to be taken out of baseball for 2 weeks because of his spleen swelling. Nothing else, just baseball because if he were hit by a baseball in the stomach, it could rupture it. The spleen swelling does not happen all the time. I can't remember what it is that makes it more likely to happen to some and not others though. He was fine with everything else once he started the atibiotics. My thoughts are with you!! Just get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids.

Feel better soon, Kyles! You take such good care of yourself I'm sure you'll be able to bounce back to your old self in no time. Sending lots of hugs and well wishes from the US!:)

You poor, poor thing. I hope the blood test proves the doctor wrong, but if not, I do think you might need some help, because you'll find it hard to cook and clean and do the stuff that needs to be done while you sleep and get well.

Take good care.

Thanks everyone, you are all so wonderful!

Fortunately I did a big shop on the internet just before I got sick and I have plenty of things in. I'll have Colin cooking broccolli soup and chicken risotto before we know it!

I live in a small village here, and thought I wasn't that well known, but three people rang me after seeing me walk out of the doctors surgery to make sure I'm ok. So I'm sure the help will be there as long as I ask.

Here's hoping its just some freak virus thing.

I am covered everywhere (and I mean everywhere) in the most attractive red scaly rash!

Not my best look!

A rash? That isn't a typical mono thing is it? I sure hope you are well soon kyles. Sending you virtual chicken soup!

It says an awful lot about you that your neighbours cared to check up on you. Play your card right and you might get some Hotpot to help out with the cooking.....and that will help!

Take very good care of your self and make sure you get spoilt and eat properly.

Back
Top Bottom