Post your best quote you've seen or heard!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quote by Chris Rock during the Bush administration:
You know the world has gone crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named, "Bush, Dick and Colon."
Haha, That's cracking me up!

"Hate is too important an emotion to waste on someone you don't even like." Joe Williams (famous Jazz Singer and Grandpa Al on "The Cosby Show." -- and more importantly, my great friend)

It is a very famous and popular quote in India, " Brilliant Deduction ". I hope all of you know the quote it is of Sherlock Holmes.

So many quotes... where to start..

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
— Mahatma Gandhi

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
— C.S. Lewis

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."
— William Shakespeare

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
— Douglas Adams

"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."
— Mark Twain

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

A lot more of the smart things I can't begin to share are available. If you want just PM me, and I'll make your life really thoughtful.

Bob

I like the ones in my signature. I will probably go nuts now trying to remember all the ones I like!

I have a little plaque that says, "I cleaned last week. Too bad you missed it."

I gave my mom and dad one years ago that says, "A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers."

I gave my mom a cute plaque that said, "Today's menu: __Take it __Leave it."

A funny plaque that my mom had that was a paraphrase of a famous Clint Eastwood movie quote had a Spuds Mackenzie look-alike dog on it, and it said, "Go ahead. Make my bed!"

I have seen several versions of a quote I really like by Henry Ford (No one seems to be sure of the exact quote): "If you think you can or can't, you're probably right."

:)Barbara

Barbara - I can see you are a long time thinker... I like the ones you shared.

Here's a few more from my bag of smarter people:

As we grow older, our bodies get shorter and our anecdotes longer.
Robert Quillen (boy do I know this one)

The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Andy Rooney

Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them.
Samuel Palmer

I love women. They're the best thing ever created. If they want to be like men and come down to our level, that's fine.
Mel Gibson ( note I take wise thoughts wherever they come from)

Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
Samuel Butler

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
Muhammad Ali (yah I know.. not much wisdom here, but it was funny)

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
— Albert Camus (this is a paradigm I wish I learned early)

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."
— Terry Pratchett (yah I know, stupid.. but it does make me laugh every time I read it)

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate."
— Charles Dickens (if you can't relate to this, leave DC immediately.)

More of my favorites:

'Om asato ma sadgamaya,
tamaso ma jyotirgamaya,
mrityorma amritamgamaya'

O god Take me to true from lie,
Take me towards light or enlightenment from dark or ignorance
Make me to eternity from death

'Gotosyo sochona nasti'

Don't worry about past

If you are too opened minded, your brains will fall out.

If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Just a few more :)

In olden times, sacrifices were made at the altar, a practice that still continues.
Helen Rowland (that was a marriage truism in case you were wondering what was being thought of)

Always get married early in the morning. That way, if it doesn't work out, you haven't wasted a whole day.
Mickey Rooney

Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished.
Leslie Nielsen

I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
Jerome K Jerome

"Women are like teabags; you never know how strong they are until they're put in hot water."
— Eleanor Roosevelt

"Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away."
— Robert Maynard Hutchins

The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
Marty Feldman

If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?
Lily Tomlin

I know, not really deep ones here. I was in a frivolous mood this afternoon :)

Bob

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

roll with it, not in it!! ~~~~~~~~~~~ msmofet

"The problem with the rest of the world is they're two drinks behind."
Humphrey Bogart

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
I Forget

"Wherever you go, well, there you are."
Rosanne Rosannadanna

Back
Top Bottom