Post your songs here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
What kind of music do you listen to? Old rock, rap, classical, blues, country?

If it's not a particular music you listen to, who are some of your favorite artists?

I listen to just about everything except rap and straight classical music. The artists I listen to range from Steppenwolf to Livingston Taylor, Johnny Cash to T. Bone Walker, Deep Water Reunion to John Prine. I just recently found the song they made for the movie Congo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltHJWHs47v4

Last edited:
This should give you an idea: When I'm working in the kitchen order the garden, I listen to a Steely Dan station on Pandora. When I'm cleaning house, I have Cindy Lauper on Pandora - a little more high energy :) And when I'm reading, I don't want words interfering with the dialogue in my head, so I put light jazz instrumentals on Pandora.

We mainly listen to music only with earbuds or headphones when we're reading as we often don't have the same music taste.
I also love Pandora and some of my favorites are Brazilian and Hawaiian, along with Classical guitar, Smooth Jazz, and what I lovingly call my "good old music by dead people" the "Rat Pack" etc. When I grill..it's just me and my speakers out there. Love that. :chef:

Another Pandora fan here. I'm pretty eclectic, and have it on "shuffle". Earbuds for gardening, and I got a little speaker system I plug my iPhone into when I'm showering, the setup covered with a shower cap on the counter.

Last edited:
RF, a long time ago you recommend Brazilian Radio to me on Pandora. It remains a favorite and like GG, when I'm reading sometimes song lyrics distract me. On the other hand they don't if you don't understand them. lol

I used to listen to straight classic rock until some nitwit program director decided that heavy metal is classic rock. The first time I woke up to Iron Man I switched my clock radio to country music and I never looked back. Oh-dark-thirty and Ozzy Oddball are not compatible! On my car radio I have FM1 for classic rock and FM2 for country.

https://youtu.be/yxgJzFlsNG0

This is one of my favorite videos. Of course the proud mama has to show off her yungun's talents!;)

Seriously I enjoy a wide range of music. Jazz I never got into much (Big band yes but the improv stuff not so much) or rap/hip-hop/gansta stuff. Classical to pop to rock to sacred all gets played around the house.

I used to listen to straight classic rock until some nitwit program director decided that heavy metal is classic rock. The first time I woke up to Iron Man I switched my clock radio to country music and I never looked back. Oh-dark-thirty and Ozzy Oddball are not compatible! On my car radio I have FM1 for classic rock and FM2 for country.

My oldest son used to have his heavy metal music blasting first thing every morning when he was in high school. After repeated yelling from me to turn it down I finally resorted to just cutting the power to his room. Enough is enough!:w00t2:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom