Posting treasures and special finds...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Others may also be into finding treasures or great finds.
I was in a store a few or several days ago that I couldn't pass up. What I found there was the largest round table ever, but it was cement and they said if you can pick it up, get it home and unload it, it's yours for the small price of $250. I loved it and always wanted a round dining table so much better to talk with guests at a meal. But I knew DH would have a hissy fit so I left it.
Had to buy something and found a new butter dish and three cookbooks.

I don' know if anyone collects or cares to post pix of their finds but I collect and enjoy sharing my good fortune [which is also my husbands Achilles heel].

These 3 had all I was looking for in cookbooks, recipes for: gnocchi, cassoulet, clam chowder. Oh and sans the purple cow butter dish, I only spent $5 for the cookbooks and the white cow butterdish total.

If you care to share, would love to see what you've found.

Attachments

• butterdish and cookbooks 002.jpg
    butterdish and cookbooks 002.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 150
The $5 was a steal for the Julia Child cookbook alone. I got a copy of that at a flea market for $3. You made out very well.

Speaking of round tables, one of the neatest coffee tables I saw was at a friend's condo once where they salvaged the end of the huge wooden spool the telephone companies used to use to haul cables. They took that round flat piece, stained and sealed it, leaving all the markings, imperfections, and irregularities. It was a very cool piece of furniture.

Back
Top Bottom