Prayer please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
My Mammaw had a stroke yesterday. She is 91 years old and has had a pretty good life. I just ask for peace for her. I have never seen her in a hospital and other than a cold, I never saw her really sick, up until about 5 years ago and she has had a horrible time with flus and other ailments. I think it's just time for her to rest now. I hope that doesn't sound mean, it's not meant to be, I just don't want her to linger and suffer. My Mammaw is the last thread holding us together and when she goes, I don't know what will happen to us as a whole.

That doesn't sound mean at all, texasgirl. You only want what's best for her and I probably would be thinking the same thing. She has had a long and wonderful life and the man upstairs will know what to do. Just know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

texasgirl,
I'm so sorry. I just went through this and it's not bad to wish for peace for her. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

I know this is hard for you and your family. No one wants their family member to be in pain, or incapacitated. Your mammaw is in God's care even now and He will take care of her in the best way. Praying for strength and peace for you and yours.

Stacy,
Prayers for peace and rest. She knows you love her and that will help more than you know.
cj

You and your Mammaw, and the rest of your family, have my prayers texasgirl. I went through this with my Grandma a few years ago ... it's not easy to let her go and not be selfish.

Thank you!!
The old gal isn't done here yet it seems!! She is giving them fits up there, lol
Thankfully, it didn't paralyze or weaken her too badly. They have done MRI and a carotid dopple today and we should know something from those tomorrow at the latest. She isn't allowed to be alone anymore and she is NOT happy about that, lol crazy lady, I swear. I pray that we have a lot more time with her now. We will see though.

I just saw this thread, Stacy. I pray for God's will for her and for you and the rest of the family I pray for peace and strength. I am glad she is doing better. Cherish every moment. PM me if you need to talk, you know I am always here for you.

Thanks you guys. I am waiting a little while to call there and see how she is doing today. Hope the tests come back too.

Glad your mum's doing well TG. It's hard to see someone you love suffer, so it's not mean to want them to not suffer anymore. Thinking of you.

Well, the tests came back. So, they don't know how many for sure or when the first one was, but, she has had at least 10 small ones.Her speech is better today and she is trying to stay awake more. They are keeping her in the Neuro Critical Unit for a while longer before putting her in a regular room. She will have to be in a regular room at least 24 hours with no problems before they will release her. Thank you for the continued prayers!! She's not out of the woods yet, but, it looks like it's not as bad as it definitely could have been.

Stacy,
wonderful news. You all have my good thoughts and many prayers coming for continued improvement and peace.
kades

Back
Top Bottom