"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2009, 02:12 AM   #11
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I'm glad you weren't there long Laurie. Don't you just hate those stockings? We are continuing to pray for you and we will add you to our Sunday School prayer list tomorrow morning.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:23 AM   #12
Master Chef
My thoughts and prayers are with you, LP. Please keep us posted.

Finally things have started clicking for me, my knees, my elbows, my back, etc...
Old 02-01-2009, 04:31 AM   #13
Master Chef
these stockings are awful, but they help...
have you ever thought about helping yourself with homeopathy? Do you have access to that over there?

Laurie, I really hope it's just a small incident and everything will be better soon!!
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 02-01-2009, 07:06 AM   #14
Head Chef
I am sorry to hear about this set back LP - keep your positive attitude, hopefully this is just a minor set back. Stay strong.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #15
Head Chef
Prayers are coming your way LP.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #16
Head Chef
Hope you are feeling better this morning Laurie!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #17
Certified Cake Maniac
Well, I am waiting for the hospital to call with my time for the ultrasound. It is 8 am now and they will call any time between now and noon. I actually plan to call them in an hour.

Thanks to all the medication they gave me I had a fairly good sleep, but the leg is no better this morning. I am sitting in my recliner, ice on my leg and the laptop propped on my lap. Here I will probably stay until DH gets up to get me some breakfast. I feel so helpless.

Yes, Barbara and Cara, these stockings are not the greatest, but I think it is helping my circulation a bit. As for the pain, it is still strong but they have me on mega-strong painkillers.

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers. I don't think I could have made it through the night without them. I know I panicked and fell apart, but it is just that I get a tiny taste of feeling better and go back into all the problems again. But I know I am loved by One and by many and that is enough to keep me hanging in there.
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

Old 02-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #18
CRAP CRAP CRAP! Laurie that just plain old SUCKS! OK, can I put you on my prayer chain? I feel so helpless but I can at least do that.

I don't know what kind of meds you are on but if you are on any clotbusting meds please take extra good care of yourself. Happy thoughts and healing thoughts coming your way my dear friend. (PS, go on Facebook and we can chat)
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Old 02-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #19
Head Chef
Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Laurie - Well wishes and prayers are on the way - AC
One difference between a cook and a chef is that the cook mows the lawn, while the bread is rising.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #20
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
This is not good news. sending you prayers and hugs. Project your thinking past this incident and on toward good health and your summer brides.

This too shall pass. Sounds like you are in good hands.

Wine is the food that completes the meal.
Closed Thread