"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #21
Head Chef

I wish you luck at the hospital Laurie. Please let us know what happens!

Old 02-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #22
Master Chef

Laurie,

I wish I could do something for you... *sigh*

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 02-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #23
Master Chef

I'll be thinking of you...in the meantime...
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2009, 03:56 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

oh my dear. enough is enough. tell the doctors it is time to get it right. be well
Old 02-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #25
Cook

Bless your heart,take care.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #26
Certified Cake Maniac

Well, I can not get my ultrasound scan until tomorrow. They only have skeleton staff in that department on Sundays and since it has snowed (only a little) they are even more short staffed. I go first thing in the morning. It is good in a way, however, because my GP has rounds and will be able to see me while I am there.

As for right now, I am to stay on the anti-clotting medication, keep the stocking on, my leg up and do very little else.

Tony has set up the DVD player in the bedroom, and the laptop and fed me well. A friend who lives close by will stop in to check on me later and my supper, a simple salad, is in the fridge. I am still feeling very dopey from all the medication I am on and will probably have a sleep soon.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers and for just being here to keep me occupied.

I am going to come out the other side of this, I know I am. I am already much better than a year (or even 6 months) ago and that is saying a lot.

I feel much better than when I started this thread. There is still the worry of a clot, but if they were REALLY worried they would have kept me in, right?

http://beinglydia.com
Old 02-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Thinking of you Laurie.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #28
Sous Chef

Wow, Laurie! That's scary! I really hope you get the help you need and that everything turns out all right!

Old 02-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #29
Executive Chef

I am so sorry to hear about this Laurie. Bless your heart, you have had a really rough couple of years with this. The idea of a blood clot is very scary indeed. My mom got them in both legs in December while she was in the hospital. In her case, it was because she was laid up in the hospital bed - she didn't have any of the usual risk factors. They put her on the anti-clotting injections, too, to help keep her from making more while she was recovering. They were not fun at all.

My heart goes out to you, my friend. (And I'm sure they told you to be very careful about getting injured, bumped or cut while you are on anti-coagulant therapy. Even a little bump will leave a whopper of a bruise!) Also, be sure and take your TED stockings off and then right back on a few times a day. They are a very powerful compression device and can cause you to have some nerve compression with numbness (usually temporary, though) if you don't take them off and re-apply them regularly.

Sorry to sound like an old mother hen but you are someone we all value greatly here and I don't want anything worse happening to you!
Old 02-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #30
Sous Chef

I'll be hoping and praying for some good results tomorrow, and that you are able to relax tonight while you wait.