Prayer Request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adillo303

Head Chef
My Grandson went to the Doctor day before yesterday, because, he had a tingling on the right side of his body. The docote said that it "could" be MS and ordered an MRI.

Last night he fealt numb in the right side fo his face adn his lips drooped on that side. He went to the ER and the doctor there told him that it could be Bells Plalsey brought on by Lyme disease.

Today, the original doctor appologised and said tht she never thought of the Lyme angle and ordered that test for Lyme. Still wants the MRI, better safe than sorry.

Please pray that all of this is just something that will go away soon, failing at that Bells Plasey or Lyme that is treatable. Neither my daughter, nor I can even cope with the other diagnosis right now.

We'll take all the extra prayers that you might have.

Gonsidering the Trool thread, that I do not really nderstand, I am not a Trool and I am only asking for your prayers.

TIA

AC

Jimmie is 17, almost 18 and just started Pace last fall.

Oh! forgot to add, my Grand daughter ( 15 YO) passed out in school twice yesterday, because she eats all the wrong foods and is pront to get anemia (sp). When the doctor prescribes iron pills, she won't take tham because they are ICKEY.

Kids, kids, I tell you

TIA

AC

kids, been there

Bells Palsy is something I am familiar with. Has t o be seen fairly quickly otherwise the slant of the face could be permanent. Complained that the saliva could not keep in his mouth. At work, they thought he was having stoke. Went to ER and they started treating him quickly with some kind of medication. Have something permanent is truly heartbreaking.

My thought and prayers are with you and your grandson. We never know what can happen that is why we always have to keep in touch with our heavenly Father to keep Him in the 'loop'. I never let go and will always trust He knows what is best, even if it isn't our will His will has to be done. I feel your grandson will be okay as long as he trusts that prayer is important.

Take care of your granddaughter too, Don't want something happening because it doesn't taste good. Not tasting good maybe is one thing that let's us know not everything is the way we like it. Don't let her get by with that. You are the one who knows.

Prayers coming your way for grandson and granddaughter. Here's hoping they get better very soon.

kadesma

I will be praying as well. As far as the iron pills, some of them can taste strong, but you can buy coated ones as well. I have problems with anemia also, and I take the coated iron tablets. I would suggest iron filled foods, but a lot of teenagers find them yucky! Another thought--Could there be something other than the taste behind her dislike for them? For a long time I didn't take iron because I had heard that after menopause (when iron begins to build up) women have more heart attacks. I decided I would rather live with the anemia than to take iron. What I didn't realize is that anemia presents its own risks for heart attack.

:)Barbara

My Grandson went to the Doctor day before yesterday, because, he had a tingling on the right side of his body. The docote said that it "could" be MS and ordered an MRI.

Last night he fealt numb in the right side fo his face adn his lips drooped on that side. He went to the ER and the doctor there told him that it could be Bells Plalsey brought on by Lyme disease.

Today, the original doctor appologised and said tht she never thought of the Lyme angle and ordered that test for Lyme. Still wants the MRI, better safe than sorry.

Please pray that all of this is just something that will go away soon, failing at that Bells Plasey or Lyme that is treatable. Neither my daughter, nor I can even cope with the other diagnosis right now.

We'll take all the extra prayers that you might have.

Gonsidering the Trool thread, that I do not really nderstand, I am not a Trool and I am only asking for your prayers.

TIA

AC

I have had Bells Plasey so I know how worried you all are feeling. Mine only lasted about a month. I was lucky. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your grandson.

I have had Bells Plasey so I know how worried you all are feeling. Mine only lasted about a month. I was lucky. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your grandson.

I often wonder why some people contact it and others never heard of it. Doctors sure don't know.

I often wonder why some people contact it and others never heard of it. Doctors sure don't know.

They were suprised that I had it at my age, that it happens more to younger people. I think I got my from the cold. I was outside in zero dregree weather for a very long time and it was very windy. About 3 hours later I stated to complain about the pain on the left side of my neck. Well, the next day I was getting ready for work and I noticed I couldn't blink my left eye and my mouth on the left side was drooping. I thought for sure I had a stroke. The doctor looked at it and right away he said it looked like Bells Pasley. He gave me some medicine. I asked him what Bells Pasley was and honest to God he told me to go to the library and look it up. I found a book and it said that you should take you fingers and keep "gently" rubbing your face (on that side) in circles. They would not give me a work release, so I had to work with this. At the time I was a checkout supervisor. It was a terribe time but I did it.
I have heard of cases were people have gotten this from laying in front of a fan for a very long time. Of course, this was only hear say. But I tell you , that ever since this happened to me I never go outside in the winter time or very windy days without earplugs.

I'm with you Adillo.
Lyme disease terrifies me living in the middle of nowhere. Middle kid had 2 ticks on him last night, we check 2x a day.
Hope all will be alright.

-Suz

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. At this point, we are hoping for Lyme, we can't bear the thought of MS. I have an IM open with my daughter all the time I am in the office and her sign off today was "I cana't even think of the other, not my son."

I am out of town Mon - Tue - Wed, but, I will be on the phone and IM with her as much as I can.

AC

Happy to add my good wishes as well. Magic is the power of prayer!

As for iron, I can recommend something called Slow FE, which is a time release iron pill. It doesn't have an off taste, doesn't upset your stummy, and doesn't constipate like the cheap ones do. I also learned (the hard way) that iron is more readily absorbed if consumed with Vitamin C, so if she could take with OJ or even a chewable or other supplement, she might feel good enough to realize it helps!

Lymes disease can sometimes be diagnosed through a thorough eye exam. Any vision issues? Sometimes we scare ourselves silly and think the worst. I commend you for only allowing yourself to consider certain things at this point.

We are sincerely hoping for the best for your family. Hang in there. We pray you get some good news soon!

I'm definitely keeping your grandson and the rest of your family in my prayers. I have known a few people over the years that got Bells Palsy and it is such an odd, freakish disorder. Thankfully, everyone I knew that had it recovered completely within a couple of months. Lyme disease is pretty scary too, considering what it can do at it's worst. But actually, the vast majority of children who get it make a complete recovery after a long course of antibiotics. Of course, it would scare me to death, too, if it were my child that might have it! And the other - well your daughter is right - it's unthinkable. Please let us know what is happening with him.

For your granddaughter, if she cannot/will not tolerate the iron pills (which can be very nauseating to some people), you might try getting her the Flintstones Chewable Vitamins w/ Iron that are made for younger children. It probably wouldn't be as much iron as in the pills they want her to take, but it would be a lot more than nothing, if she won't take the other ones. Anyway, the Flintstones taste good so maybe she would take them. Good luck with this, too.

Terry

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers - It seems like Jimmie (Grandson) most likely had Lyme. They started the antibiotic in advance of the test results. Paule (my daughter0 tells me that the test is notoriously poor. Frequently, the results come back negative even if you have it.

Anyway, his symptoms have eased to an occasional headache. That was the day that he had his MRI and they injected dye. He was upset that no one at the mri told him anything. My always ready with a wise answer, told him that was because they were unable to find a brain.

Anyway, he seems on the mend - Thank You - AC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom