"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #21
Master Chef

Where ever she is right now I hope she is doing ok. I hope her soul is at peace. By Jewish law one cannot turn off the support so I hope sheis going to be ok and not need the support, it is such a hard desision.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
suzi - thinking too much will do you no good. The best thing you can do for her is take care of your family and yourself....and send her a few prayers.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Well unfortunately it's 3 days later and she is getting worse yet no change. I just keep praying that she is not aware of anything. Imagine sitting there watching everyone waiting and watching you die slowly while they wrestle with the thought that they made a wrong decision. It's really so heartbreaking, they had to basically make the choice between the lesser of 2 evils. Half of her brain is non-functional, I hope its the pain, awareness and communication half. Thanks everyone for the support it is really helping while missing my best friend. (my DH).
Old 02-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Well, suzie, since I'm about 24 miles from her, I'll send special "vibes." Maybe closer ones will arrive quickly. I'll be in Paducah on Wednesday, PM me if you want me to do anything for your DH. I'll be more than happy to do anything I can.

Don't think you are imposing. I'll be in Paducah all day long, under my own schedule.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Boy I really hope he's making his way home by then. He may take MIL's car back home and she'll fly when its over, or he'll fly soon and she'll drive alone. I'd rather he stay with his mom, she needs him more than I. Thanks so much for offering.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:57 AM   #26
Sous Chef

This is something by John Donne which I read recently. I found it very comforting and hope that you may too.

"when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated; God employs several translators; some pieces are translated by age, some by sickness, some by war, some by justice; but Godís hand is in every translation, and his hand shall bind up all our scattered leaves again for that library where every book shall lie open to one another."

by John Donne
Old 02-05-2008, 06:01 AM   #27
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
Suzi- just saw this thread, so sorry to hear about DHs Grandma, I lost my only gram 2 years ago Feb 3rd and still miss her alot, but I know she's now in a place where she's not sick or in pain. I'll keep your whole family in my thoughts.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #28
Master Chef

Thoughts and prayers for going up for her and the family. May God give you strength during this difficult time.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #29
Executive Chef

Sending your family well wishes and positive thoughts. Hope everyone is doing well considering all that is going on.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks again everyone.
one thing after another. they dodged the tornadoes last night. MIL's car also broke. They were going to come home today. Maybe tomorrow if it's fixed?
Gramma is being moved to a nursing home for hospice care. They are pretty sure she isn't aware of anything, I really really pray they are right.
What a tough little thing.