Prayers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where ever she is right now I hope she is doing ok. I hope her soul is at peace. By Jewish law one cannot turn off the support so I hope sheis going to be ok and not need the support, it is such a hard desision.

suzi - thinking too much will do you no good. The best thing you can do for her is take care of your family and yourself....and send her a few prayers. :flowers:

Well unfortunately it's 3 days later and she is getting worse yet no change. I just keep praying that she is not aware of anything. Imagine sitting there watching everyone waiting and watching you die slowly while they wrestle with the thought that they made a wrong decision. It's really so heartbreaking, they had to basically make the choice between the lesser of 2 evils. Half of her brain is non-functional, I hope its the pain, awareness and communication half. Thanks everyone for the support it is really helping while missing my best friend. (my DH).

Well, suzie, since I'm about 24 miles from her, I'll send special "vibes." Maybe closer ones will arrive quickly. I'll be in Paducah on Wednesday, PM me if you want me to do anything for your DH. I'll be more than happy to do anything I can.

Don't think you are imposing. I'll be in Paducah all day long, under my own schedule.

Boy I really hope he's making his way home by then. He may take MIL's car back home and she'll fly when its over, or he'll fly soon and she'll drive alone. I'd rather he stay with his mom, she needs him more than I. Thanks so much for offering.

This is something by John Donne which I read recently. I found it very comforting and hope that you may too.

"when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated; God employs several translators; some pieces are translated by age, some by sickness, some by war, some by justice; but God’s hand is in every translation, and his hand shall bind up all our scattered leaves again for that library where every book shall lie open to one another."

by John Donne

Suzi- just saw this thread, so sorry to hear about DHs Grandma, I lost my only gram 2 years ago Feb 3rd and still miss her alot, but I know she's now in a place where she's not sick or in pain. I'll keep your whole family in my thoughts.

Thoughts and prayers for going up for her and the family. May God give you strength during this difficult time.

thanks again everyone.
one thing after another. they dodged the tornadoes last night. MIL's car also broke. They were going to come home today. Maybe tomorrow if it's fixed?
Gramma is being moved to a nursing home for hospice care. They are pretty sure she isn't aware of anything, I really really pray they are right.
What a tough little thing.

Hi Suzi, sorry to have been absent in your time of need. She does sound like a fighter!! Hope things work out well for her soon (whatever "well" can mean in this situation) and I hope your DH gets home to you soon and safely.

Thinking of you.

I've put off posting this just cuz I'm not sure if I should...
Grandma finally passed away this Saturday morning, 2 1/2 weeks after her stroke.
Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers, she is so much more comfortable now. Our family has another angel. Bless you everyone.

As you said, she is in better and more comfortable place now. She can be at peace now.
img_553153_0_8f3f46bdeb42a4734e69da7f6e8d1d76.gif

My deepest sympathies to your family, Suzi. Was she the matriarch of your husband's family? It is such a sad end but as others have said, her suffering is over and she's on to bigger and better things.

I've put off posting this just cuz I'm not sure if I should...
Grandma finally passed away this Saturday morning, 2 1/2 weeks after her stroke.
Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers, she is so much more comfortable now. Our family has another angel. Bless you everyone.

Though I'm not planning on leaving mortality anytime soon, I am looking forward to the day of the grand reunion between myself, and all of my family and freinds who have gone before me. It will be a time of great joy, and will finally prove once and for all the belief that I have of life after death. There will be hugs and handshakes, and smiles as big as a face will allow.

Those who pass from mortality are'nt lost to us, just seperated for a time. When we are rejoined, it will be a great time.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom