Prayers & Good Vibes Needed Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no, your young man has been having it rough this winter isn't it...:( I am sure he will be put through MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan, then chances are they will find out exactly what is the problem right away.
I am pretty sure (though I am not a doctor) with a proper treatment, he can keep on playing hoops, but if he needs to rest for a while, you need to assure him it needs to be done so he will be able to play in much better shape without any worry later. I really hope it won't be anything serious all the same, and things will get much better for him!!
img_382486_0_042f2e9bfa7d9f6e995a9720a7bb496a.gif

Thanks urmaniac! I never can remember, is the MRI the one where they put you in the big tube thing or is that a CAT scan? He was on crutches for a week and a half when he sprained his hip & that didn't seem to slow him down. He'd stand on the front porch and swing back and forth over the steps. It scared the bejeebers out of me!!

Yes, that's it... you have to stay inside a big tube for about an hour, very still... it maybe a good idea to make him get up in the morning very early so he will just go to sleep inside!:LOL: It will take amazingly detailed images of the structure of the targeted body part.
Whoa, what a spirited boy he is, or daredevilish should I say... I think somehow they get it into their heads that it is their job to keep their mamma worried to bits!

Thanks Pook!

Urmaniac, luckly he can go to sleep anywhere at just about ay time, especially if he gets bored or has to be still for a long time. He'll be up early in the morning anyway because he has to go to school for at least the first part of the day.
Yes, he is a little daredevil. He was out riding his bicycle this summer, hit the neighbors mailbox with his shoulder, flipped off, got up & right back on his bike. If it weren't for times like this, I'd think the child was made out of rubber!:LOL:

Update on TC's hip: The ortho doc took x-ray's which showed a perfectly normal hip & knee. Due to the limp and pain that TC has been experiencing and also the limited motion the doc found in the hip, he said it is inflimation & put him on Naproxen twice a day. He has to go back next Thursday to be re-checked unless he gets worse before then. He said that TC could still play basketball as long as the pain wasn't too severe for him.

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers, I really appriciate it!

Wonderful news crewsk, If he allows it give him a big hug for me and
make sure TC has a full tummy before he takes the naproxen..It can irritate the tummy.
hugs,
kadesma

Thanks pds, Tat, & kadesma!

Kadesma, I'll give him the hug from you, we're at home so he doesn't mind getting hugged on too much. My mom said the same thing about the Naproxen. It'll help too that he's on Zantac for acid reflux.

Great news, crewsk. Sorry I missed this.
Give the little {ahem, I mean, big} guy a hug for me too. I'm glad that it seems to be an easy fix. Good thing he can still play too.

Phewwww!! I am relieved just as TC must be!! I bet he can't wait running on to the court but try to keep him from being such a daredevil for a while, at least he completely heals!!;)

I'll pass on the hug to him TG!

He was extremely happy when the doc said he could still play. The boy's team only has 6 players on it as it is & they have to have 5 of them on the court at all times. They have a game Friday night and he can't wait to get out there.

Good news Crewsk. If by chance he doesn't improve I'd really stress the MRI as xrays don't pick up everything.

I'll give you an example: I know someone that was in a car accident and their chest hurt severely. The xrays didn't show anything and neither did the CAT Scan but finally she was able to convience the doctor to do an MRI and turns out her sternum was broke. So ultimately she had to suffer all that time and deal with health care personnel that thought she was exaggerating.

Somehow I missed this thread until now. I'm glad TC is feeling a little better. I pray that he continues to heal and is back to 100% very soon.

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom