Prayers and info please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More news from the hospital. Tara may get out Thursday!! She feels a little pain, went to see her daddy, ate and kept it down, and had her (almost) 3 year old son in with her most of the day!! Jim went for a walk, his color is wonderful, he is using very little pain meds, has read his information booklet on transplantation and wants to walk down to see Tara. He is also thrilled that there is an almost non-existent dietary limitation!!! He can have milk and cheese and peanut butter and peas again. YIPPEE!! You would think we had won the lottery!!

Dawn, I am just catching up on this, having some of my own health problems. I am so thrilled that the transplant went well and they are both coming along great. My prayers continue for you and your family.

That's better than the lottery Dawn! I'm glad things are going so well, and I will keep praying for continuing good news.

:flowers:Barbara

They may release Jim Saturday. Tara is still in quite a bit of pain, but tries not to take the pain meds so that she can "work through it". Jim walked down to her room yesterday and talked to her for an hour and made her see that it was in her best interest to use the meds. Her room is about 60 - 80 feet from his!! We have a 2:00 class today for patients and caregivers on everything to expect and the drug regime.

Thanks for the good news, Dawn. It has been a long and difficult journey for you all. Your family is amazingly strong and courageous. You should be proud of them all - including yourself.

All is wonderful!! First "clinic" went great, after today, Jim will be down to one a week already!! He can drive possibly after next week, and go back to work in two months; as long as he doesn't lift more than 35 pounds. He is so happy to be able to eat whatever he wants now, he is like a child in a candy store!! "More peas please!" Tara is coming along slowly but is on no pain meds now ezcept at bedtime. :>) The only problem we have is getting the grandson to daycare!! Thank you so much for all you love and prayers. They certainly can do miracles!!

All is wonderful!! First "clinic" went great, after today, Jim will be down to one a week already!! He can drive possibly after next week, and go back to work in two months; as long as he doesn't lift more than 35 pounds. He is so happy to be able to eat whatever he wants now, he is like a child in a candy store!! "More peas please!" Tara is coming along slowly but is on no pain meds now ezcept at bedtime. :>) The only problem we have is getting the grandson to daycare!! Thank you so much for all you love and prayers. They certainly can do miracles!!
Wonderful new Dawn, I'm so happy for all of you. Keep us posted on how things are going..Have a wondrful life packed with happiness and love.
kadesma

That is great, Dawn!! Tell your daughter, what a wonderful person she is!! Even though she is your daughter, she didn't have to sacrifice. She did it out of love for her dad and that is more than any of us can ever hope for. Bless her heart!!

Oh Dawn, I am so pleased to hear that everything is going so well. Gosh, what a turnaround for your family. You are all so brave, and richly deserve the good things that are coming your way.

You know how happy I am for Jim, Dawn and I hope he springs back quickly. If Tara and Jim are anything like me, they will be pushing the limits as soon as they can!! I got into some strange looking positions so that I could do what I wanted to without damaging my surgery! The steroids can give you a false sense of ability too - sometimes a good thing, sometimes not!

Just wanted to update all of you. Tara went back to work on the 18th of March, and Jim went back to work on the 24th with his doctor's blessing. He is doing so wonderful!! I know I owe a lot to all of my family here at DC for all of your prayers, so THANK YOU!!! You couldn't begin to imagine how blessed I feel at this time. My prayers go out to all of you everyday. Thank you for all the support, words of encouragement and shoulders to cry on. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :>)
Dawn

Hi Dawn,
it's so good to see you and see how happy you are. I'm happy everything is going so well and life has become more peaceful and calm. Please come visit more often, you've been missed.
kades

Just wanted to drop a quick note. It's hard to believe, but it has been a whole year since the transplant!! Everything is going wonderfully, Tara is doing great, and Jim is back to normal; well as normal as one can be on meds for the rest of one's life! We are back to a very busy life, I am working fulltime, our son is in college fulltime, the "devil dog" is still alive and not so much of a problem and Jim is enjoying the life of leisure currently. He haas been laid off since October and should go back to work in March, I hope!! I just want to thank everyone again for all your prayers and words of encouragement during one of the most trying years of my life. Thank You!!! ;>)

Oh Dawn, how lovely to hear from you! I'm so glad life is settling for you and that all is well. Thanks for posting and updating us. Take care and pop in to say hello when you can.

Good to hear from you Dawn. Hope all continues to go well for all of you. You are still in my prayers and thoughts. Take care and great big hugs to all of you.
cj

Update..our oldest daughter gave my DH a kidney 10 yrs ago and it has been a wonderful fit. He is still healthy, on the lowest dosages of drugs to keep him from refusing, our daughter had a baby girl 7 years ago and is very healthy! Life is good. Thank past friends for prayers, good vibes, positive thoughts and love!

Update..our oldest daughter gave my DH a kidney 10 yrs ago and it has been a wonderful fit. He is still healthy, on the lowest dosages of drugs to keep him from refusing, our daughter had a baby girl 7 years ago and is very healthy! Life is good. Thank past friends for prayers, good vibes, positive thoughts and love!

Dawn, it's so great to hear from you and that your DH is doing well! And you have a granddaughter! How wonderful! :wub: I hope you are able to hang around here more and share what's going on with you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom