"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #201
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
OMG! I just logged in to check this thread and found all these complications!

still more prayers coming your way, Dawn, and hopes for a better 2009... a healthy one!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #202
Head Chef

Dawn, best wishes and prayers to you and yours. Illness is one of the hardest things to cope with. May G-d give you strength.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:50 AM   #203
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnT View Post
Sorry I haven't been around much lately, it's been crazy between home and school. We go to talk to the surgical team on the 18th of this month to see when in January the surgery will be. Now all I have to do is get through the holidays without too much happening. Jim is doing much better with dialysis now that they have him regulated. No headaches or vomiting, and can drive himself there and go to work afterwards. His job has been very supportive, along with mine. We are both very blessed.

I hope everyone in my DC family is and will be as blessed as my family and I am this year and next. Hugs and Kisses, Prayers and Best Wishes, Dawn T :>)
Dawn,
you have all my prayers and good thoughts for the future. May this holiday season bring you all HOPE for the future and all good things..Please let us know how things are going.We all care and wish you only the very best.
kadesma
Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 AM   #204
Sous Chef

Thank you all. My wish is for a joyful, healthful year for all my DC family, as well as my family here with me in windy NY. I will definately keep you all posted on Jim's progress. Dawn
Old 12-20-2008, 05:36 AM   #205
Executive Chef

glad dialysis is working for Jim. I quite enjoyed it once I settled into it. Looking forward to hearing how the meeting went.

Have a good Chrissy, Dawn.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #206
Sous Chef

Hi There!! Sorry about not being around much, life keeps getting it's body in the way of what I want to do. Jim's surgery is set for the 3rd of February. That is one month away!! Both he and DD have to go the week before for pre-op stuff and another round of blood work, to see if they are still compatable. We are in count down!! Meanwhile I have been trying to help my other DD deal with depression and unemployment. When it rains it pours! She is the one that is a single mom with the 2 children, and boy they can be a handful. Now she is telling me she wants to take the kids and go to Australia when she gets her taxes back!! She has some friends in Queensland that she wants to go see. Hello, am I not seeing something? No offense Bilby, but she hasn't worked since October 17, is falling behind on the mortgage and wants to travel out of counrty!?!?!? To top it off, the kids are 4 and 2, not a very good age to travel with. ARRGGG!! Get your body out of my way LIFE!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #207
Master Chef

Oh my, Dawn! Sounds like you need at least a hug. I'm sending loads.

and I'll continue praying that all will go well for Jim and your donor daughter with the surgery. I have a good feeling about that.

sounds like your other daughter needs a reality check. Is she thinking she can just take her kids and "disappear" to Australia? Sounds like she could use a discussion group with other like-situation women to help her get a grip on reality. We all know how hard it is to be the mom with a good idea....

I'll be thinking about you all and praying hard.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #208
Executive Chef

Good luck Dawn (Jim and DD) with the op. Tell him to take all the drugs they offer at first but to stop them as soon as he can as well. He should bounce back pretty quickly though as he hasn't been needing dialysis for very long.

As to your other DD escaping to Qld! Being a Perth girl, I would never advocate such a move!! (Only Joking to you Queenslanders out there!!!) Things might be better in Australia than where she is at the moment but life without family support - anywhere - is tough. And there is no guarantee that things will be any better here for her than where she is now. Problems can get on a Boeing just as easily as a person can. And if nothing else works, show her the newspaper articles on the flash flooding and cyclones Queensland has to offer!! Good luck!
Old 01-31-2009, 08:59 AM   #209
Sous Chef

Surgery is at 2:00p.m. Tuesday,Feb 3. Of course we are supposed to get hit with a storm!! I hate winter and driving in the city - put them together and I am already a nervous wreck!! Jim is going to drive us up in the 4-wheel drive truck, my DS is coming up with my mom at 3:00 in her 4-wheel drive jeep, and I don't know how many others are coming. The problem is I don't know if I want all of them, other than my DS there. I do love them but some of them just ask to many questions and if you don't have the answer, they ask it again, in a different way, over and over...! Oh Lord, give me patience, and good driving weather!!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:12 AM   #210
Master Chef

will be putting you all on the top of my prayer list, Dawn.

try not to worry before the fact. Weather-wise, Tuesday is a long way off.

hugs....