"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #231
Sous Chef

Thank you ALL, I am so blessed to have friends such as you.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #232
Executive Chef

You know how happy I am for Jim, Dawn and I hope he springs back quickly. If Tara and Jim are anything like me, they will be pushing the limits as soon as they can!! I got into some strange looking positions so that I could do what I wanted to without damaging my surgery! The steroids can give you a false sense of ability too - sometimes a good thing, sometimes not!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #233
Sous Chef

Just wanted to update all of you. Tara went back to work on the 18th of March, and Jim went back to work on the 24th with his doctor's blessing. He is doing so wonderful!! I know I owe a lot to all of my family here at DC for all of your prayers, so THANK YOU!!! You couldn't begin to imagine how blessed I feel at this time. My prayers go out to all of you everyday. Thank you for all the support, words of encouragement and shoulders to cry on. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :>)
Dawn
Old 03-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #234
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi Dawn,
it's so good to see you and see how happy you are. I'm happy everything is going so well and life has become more peaceful and calm. Please come visit more often, you've been missed.
kades
Old 03-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #235
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
That's wonderful news, Dawn!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #236
Sous Chef

Just wanted to drop a quick note. It's hard to believe, but it has been a whole year since the transplant!! Everything is going wonderfully, Tara is doing great, and Jim is back to normal; well as normal as one can be on meds for the rest of one's life! We are back to a very busy life, I am working fulltime, our son is in college fulltime, the "devil dog" is still alive and not so much of a problem and Jim is enjoying the life of leisure currently. He haas been laid off since October and should go back to work in March, I hope!! I just want to thank everyone again for all your prayers and words of encouragement during one of the most trying years of my life. Thank You!!! ;>)
Old 02-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #237
Everymom

Oh Dawn, how lovely to hear from you! I'm so glad life is settling for you and that all is well. Thanks for posting and updating us. Take care and pop in to say hello when you can.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #238
Chef Extraordinaire

Good to hear from you Dawn. Hope all continues to go well for all of you. You are still in my prayers and thoughts. Take care and great big hugs to all of you.
cj