"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #31
Sous Chef

Bilby, The thought of my son going through surgery is off putting to say the least. We have been to hospital so much, with him through his motocross racing career, his oldest sister in her sports and now with Jim. I know he is not a child anymore but... I know - there is no guarentee that he will get that far. Okay, I'm done. Anyways it's his birthday, he can do as he wants to!! Oh, my baby is 21!!! How did he get so old, I'm not!?!?!?!? Dawn

Old 02-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #32
Executive Chef

Bilby is right, Dawn. Let anyone and everyone get tested so that you and hubby and the docs know what your options are when and if the time comes. It will just make things much simpler and decisions easier. And wow, you must be so proud of your son! (Along with wanting to bop him for even thinking about it!)

Old 02-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #33
Sous Chef

Fisher's Mom, You are right, I am proud of him. I want to bop him sometimes but I am proud more often then not. Just let my SILs know about Jim, 3 of them are willing to be tested for donor potential. The other is not sure what she feels, and I don't blame her. Jim is the baby of the family and the only boy. I told her sisters to leave her alone and let her think about it, check things out for herself and if she needs to talk to Jim she will do it without pressure. You would have thought I had 2 heads!! Yes, she is the youngest girl and only 3 years older then Jim. They(the 3) bully her alot as it is, so I end up standing up for her.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #34
Executive Chef

You know, I would never wish this on anyone and I can just imagine how stressful this is for ya'll. But to find out so many people are willing to get tested must be an awesome feeling. Jim is surely a wonderful man. All these people willing to give him an organ!!! It makes me tear up just reading about it.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #35
Sous Chef

Okay, now I'm going to go buy stock in tissue. I've used enough these last few days to build a mansion for several companies!! Yes, I agree. Jim is definately a wonderful man and truly blessed with family and friends. As I am with my family and friends here at DC. Thank you all. :) Dawn
Old 02-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #36
Sous Chef

Just to update: Have an app't Friday with dialysis counselor. Have lots of questions for her!! Now have a new friend - SIL's hubby has a friend that is a Harvard professor of Medicine, a researcher and now is interested in Jim's health problem. Has requested lab results and tests copies be sent to him also. He feels Jim's Drs. at Strong are tops, what a relief to hear!!! Dawn :)
Old 02-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #37
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Dawn,
Know that Jim has angels watching over him. It's manifested through all these wonderful people that surround him -- family, friends, doctors, etc. All of my prayers are with him so he can stay strong and accepts what comes. There is no pain that Heaven cannot heal.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #38
Sous Chef

Thank you Dina, you don't know how much your words mean. I thank all my DC family, you guys are the world to me. Love ya, Dawn :)
Old 02-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Keep your chin up Dawn, DH is going to need you to be strong..That way he can just get better and not worry about you..He will know you are by his side and will love you more for being so strong..If you need to have a hissy or cry or kick the cat or bite someone, come here and let us help..You are going to be just fine so is he..If I can help let me know.

kades
Old 02-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #40
Sous Chef

Thanks kades, I mean that soooo much!! :) Dawn