Prayers and info please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thing is, Jim hasn't even started dialysis yet. I will cal our GP later and talk to him. Thank you so much. Dawn :)

Yeah so don't worry about it too much at the moment. His body can do what mine couldn't. I don't mean be negligent just don't fret. One step at a time Dawn. You have so much information given to you already but without the structure to process it yet. You need to know what to look for and how to react. Just know the info is out there and that when you need it you know where to go. For now, take a step back from the edge. We'll still be here when you need us but at the moment, I am more concerned with you having too much to process.

What! Me! Worry! Nonsense!! If you could see me, I am ppllplplsting my lips and pulling out my hair( and I don't have very thick hair to begin with!). Thank you, I will step back and relax. Just got called to sub at school. gotta go. Dawn

Thank you Bilby. I stuffed him yesterday. 59g proteins and 1835mg potassium. Anybody have a good used dirty blonde wig for sale, I think I'm going to need one or ten!!!

Funny you should say that. I have been tracking it and it is climbing - from 112/68 to 138/84:ohmy:. This is in the last week and I am quite sure due to the change in meds, but I am calling the dr. anyways. To top it all off, I think I am getting a bladder infection, this sucks:glare:.

The BP can also just be a sign of his stress at all the changes that are being thrust upon him and seeing you stressed too!!!! If he has been put on a laxative, that may have an effect but I would be looking at his stress levels first and foremost. Mind you, I would be quite happy to have either of his readings!!! LOL

I think in the venting thread there were some cures for UTI's - cranberry, acidopholus and lots of water. I always found lots of warm coffee was good for me. A bit depends on the cause though. In your case, stress would be the most likely cause and so you have a good chance of nipping it in the bud without a doc. (Think you may have had enough of them for a while!!)

I think you both could use a glass of red by the fireside tonight!! ;-)

Okay, whose house should I burn?:angel::furious: As for the "red", we don't drink unless you were implying Kool-ade.:whistling Other problem started yesterday and is getting so I float to the bathroom instead of walk (er run).

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: I don't think he would notice if I shaved my head! He seldom looks up that far:ohmy:!
Well, I'm glad to hear you're keeping his "spirits" up! As far as his blood pressure, make sure he isn't increasing his use of salt trying to get used to his new diet. Sometimes it's easy to add a little extra salt here and there and then the BP starts to creep up. Also, there are many meds that can make BP meds less effective. I know your hubby has been started on some new ones. Be sure to let his doc know if his BP continues to be higher than before. They may need to make some adjustments. But, it sounds like ya'll are hanging in there. I'm really proud of you and the way you have just stepped up to all of this. You go, girl!

Fisher's Mom, Jim is def not getting extra salt as I cook, serve and he only knows where the pepper is!! The meds have only been in effect for a week, so that may add to the BP. Also this whole kidney problem might just add a wee bit to it too! ;-)

Update

Just a quick update. We have found a new kidney doctor right here in town. Jim sees him this Friday. Jim has also decided to try hemodialysis when the time comes. There is a new dialysis center that is opening next month just a few miles away from us. So this will be easier for us when the time for dialysis comes, it's right near Walmart!:ROFLMAO: My stress level has dropped a bit as we have adjusted to Jim's diet needs, as long as he is happy, I'm happy. The only stress I have at this point is that DS is out in Northern California, and has managed to break his foot!:ohmy::huh: KIDS - you gotta love 'em!!:angel:

Good for both you and Jim! I really liked haemodialysis. The treatment was not very intrusive for the most part, we had individual tvs with central dvd/video, friendly (and very, very chatty!) nurses, happy patients, and I got to read books, do office work, watch the tv/dvd/video, chat to nurses/patients/on the phone or even catch up on sleep!! I went mid-pm on Tues and Thurs so that I was able to go to work M, W, F and half-days on Tues and Thurs. Sunday was the only right-off for me as I had to be there at 7am and wasn't up to much in the afternoon, esp in summer. Other patients stayed up all night prior to dialysis having fun (in whatever form that took!) and slept the dialysis session away! With cooperation from the centre, you BOTH can still have a very full life.

Hope your DS recovers soon and let us know how the appt goes on Friday. (We have nothing open at all on Good Friday except emergency services and a (very) few seafood restaurants. Perth will be a couple of rungs over ghost town on Friday!

Thanks Bilby!! For the most part, I imagine Jim will probably sleep once he gets used to the routine, as he works 10 hour days- 4 days a week! :sleep: DS has to see an orthopedic surgeon when he gets back as he chipped the navicular bone on the top of his foot.:( He is not due back until the 25th. He tried to change his flight plans but was told it would cost $450.00 more:mad:. Of course, there's no hurry as DD just called to say the orthopedic surgeon can't see him unti April 18th:ohmy:. Guess I won't sweat the small stuff!

Gee I hope he has some good painkillers if he has to wait that long!!

I didn't like sleeping the full session as it threw my normal sleep patterns out, so I ever only napped. I was trying to cram a 40-hour week into my odd hours too, so was working really late on M/W/F to try to compensate for the other two days. At least he will have you to cook etc. My mum tried to help me but she doesn't live with me so I still had to do all the house things, shopping, cooking, cleaning, blah, blah... I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it up but needed the money while i could get it. I did nearly three years of that routine until I got too weak to go to work anymore. Gee, I'm getting tired just thinking of the past!! And when I think of what I was like BEFORE the failure!! I don't even achieve in a week anywhere near what I did in a day all those years ago!! LOL Mem'ries....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom