Prayers and info please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful Dawn,
you're on your way..Prayers continue and with a big smile this time.;)
kades

Just an update to let everyone know how things went Monday. Jim is a viable canidate for transplant!! DD#1 and I had our blood drawn and will find out tomorrow whether or not we are donor canidate possibilities. We all went to this appointment thinking about the enourmous cost of everything only to find out we were only out-of-pocket for parking and lunch:). Thank you Kidney Acquisition Fund!!! Now we only have to wait for Jim to recover from hernia surgery (the 15th), before the kidney transplant team will begin thoughts of transplant:wacko:. Such is life on the mountain overlooking Dansville!!:LOL: Thank you for all your prayers, please continue to help us.
Dawn T

I'm here and so happy for all of you...Just think how wonderful life will be once that transplant is in there and working..Life will be far more normal and rich..Prayers and good thoughts still circling all of you.
kades

Dawn, I'm not stopping in here as much these days (lots of irons in the fire),but it is so nice to check in and find out that things are progressing for you and Jim. You have all my hopes and wishes that things will continue to go well.

WooHoo, Dawn! What fantastic news! I'm so glad to hear your hubby won't have years of dialysis ahead of him. Be sure and let us know which one of you gets to do the honors.

It would be so good if you are a match Dawn! Hope the good news continues. I am a month short of my second anniversary for my transplant and despite all the hiccups along the way and a few other things, it is still better than dialysing and being on a fluid restriction!

I really want to stop playing this game, it's no fun!! Please, let me explain. First, DD is a match. Three out of six chromosomes matched Daddy's. She has gone through all the hoops and come out the other side with colors blazing!! All the transplant team has to do is decide which kidney to take. JIm on the other hand...:glare: The hernia surgery turned into an overnight for him because of pain issues. He has been off work for 5 weeks now:wacko:(this is me!). Thursday I found out that he would start dialysis today. Guess what!?!?!:dry: The Director of the Dialysis Center blew Jim's fistula while unhooking him!!:mad: OOH it gets better!:wacko: Tomorrow, I get to take Jim in for surgery, he gets to have a catheter put in his neck!! Could this game get any better?!?!:( Right now he can't lift his arm without pain, it has swollen to three times it's normal size and he has to keep ice on it. Plus to further add to the fun, I have to measure his arm every half hour to see if it is still growing. If it gets any bigger, back to the hospital to possibly lance it to release fluids. Fun, wow!!

Dawn, don't panic, I had the one put in my neck and it was fairly quick and easy..I didn't have anything for it but a little injectionand then it went in..The only thing is it reminded me of when you stitch up a chicken how hard the skin is. It's more sound than anything.I used this access til I got my PD cath and let me tell you of the two, I'd take the neck one any day. As to the mess they made of his arm, I'd have someones head on a plate..I know these things happen but gee whiz if you don't know what your doing get the heck out of there and let someone who does..The one in his neck will have two small tubes that hang down several inches and will be wrapped and cleaned each session..When the time come and the transplant is a success they can remove the access with out any problems they give you an injection and it's out fairly quickly..then I just went home and kept gauze over it til the skin grew over the hole and now i can just see a small skin color change.. I 's so sorry this happened to Jim, don't get discouraged when he gets that transplant life will be p[erfect.
hugs to you all and one big one to your DD.
kadesma

Thank you Kades. If I hug Tara anymore people will think she's abused!! Especially after Jim's arm starts to turn!?! I think I need some place to hide til the heat is off!!

Oh Dawn, I'm so sorry for more complications. I thought we hadn't heard anything recently.
You all have suffered enough, already. But that you are all close is what matters most. {{hugs and prayers}} as always.

I just went to the end of this thread so I don't know what's been posted..........prayers coming your way Dawn and I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby's kidney problems......if worse comes to worse and it's necessary maybe he would be qualified to get a transplant...........perhaps a family member..........you will be in my prayers........don't know if transplant has been discussed as I zoomed to the end........

I just went to the end of this thread so I don't know what's been posted..........prayers coming your way Dawn and I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby's kidney problems......if worse comes to worse and it's necessary maybe he would be qualified to get a transplant...........perhaps a family member..........you will be in my prayers........don't know if transplant has been discussed as I zoomed to the end........
Deb, he has been ok'd for a transplant and daughter is a good match..it's just that the tech blew the access in his arm and now he has to get a temp one in his neck or collar bone area..I just was telling Dawn I'd had that and it was great and easy to put in and take our just an injection to numb you and the worst of it was the sound as they put it in...Once his arm heals they can go ahead with the transplant... My only concern is if he was told that that fistula in his arm will always be there, they will not remove them.. Which I can see why but you need to be told ahead of time..People don't know what to ask at that stage, your to busy wondering how this all happened to you .

Nuts, I hope all goes well now
kadesl

reading this for the first time, just prayed for you and your husband.
these kidneys are so very important to our health and lifestyle and with so many kidney diseases, so many are suffering.
I myself am one of those.

be well and your husband too.

Thank you all, I just had to check in here for a dose of sanity!!! Lately life has been a funny farm, and I just can't seem to laugh.

Dawn, I haven't been very active lately, and just came back to find that your troubles continue. I would not presume to say that I know how you feel, but thank goodness there are kind and loving people here who can give you good advice and sound guidance. I pray that you are heading toward the light at the end of the long dark tunnel you have been traveling through, and hope that you are being kind to yourself....I do know that providing so much emotional support to the rest of your family is exhausting, so please cut yourself a little slack and go pull the covers over your head for awhile if you need to.

Hi Dawn. Haven't been around for a while. Think I emailed you at the time but wouldn't swear to it. Hope all is now well. I have so many of those Hickman lines in my jugulars that I have lost track!! A small word of warning to you though to make sure they are removed professionally. My left jugular collapsed after one was removed years ago. No real consequence in one sense other than my left side of my body now looks a bit like a relief map, with my veins subbing for rivers! The problem I have is only if my other jugular is obstructed but I just keep more of an eye on that one. Should the jugular collapse, I would recommend going straight to a surgeon to have a stent installed (or whatever). It is a quick and easy fix to do it early but a huge task to do later on - like my situation.

Fistulas get blown a lot. Sometimes it is poor technique, sometimes it's just one of those things.

Do you have a transplant date fixed yet?

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, it's been crazy between home and school. We go to talk to the surgical team on the 18th of this month to see when in January the surgery will be. Now all I have to do is get through the holidays without too much happening. Jim is doing much better with dialysis now that they have him regulated. No headaches or vomiting, and can drive himself there and go to work afterwards. His job has been very supportive, along with mine. We are both very blessed.

I hope everyone in my DC family is and will be as blessed as my family and I am this year and next. Hugs and Kisses, Prayers and Best Wishes, Dawn T :>)

Back
Top Bottom