Prayers and info please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG! I just logged in to check this thread and found all these complications!

still more prayers coming your way, Dawn, and hopes for a better 2009... a healthy one!

Dawn, best wishes and prayers to you and yours. Illness is one of the hardest things to cope with. May G-d give you strength.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, it's been crazy between home and school. We go to talk to the surgical team on the 18th of this month to see when in January the surgery will be. Now all I have to do is get through the holidays without too much happening. Jim is doing much better with dialysis now that they have him regulated. No headaches or vomiting, and can drive himself there and go to work afterwards. His job has been very supportive, along with mine. We are both very blessed.

I hope everyone in my DC family is and will be as blessed as my family and I am this year and next. Hugs and Kisses, Prayers and Best Wishes, Dawn T :>)
Dawn,
you have all my prayers and good thoughts for the future. May this holiday season bring you all HOPE for the future and all good things..Please let us know how things are going.We all care and wish you only the very best.
kadesma

Thank you all. My wish is for a joyful, healthful year for all my DC family, as well as my family here with me in windy NY. I will definately keep you all posted on Jim's progress. Dawn

glad dialysis is working for Jim. I quite enjoyed it once I settled into it. Looking forward to hearing how the meeting went.

Have a good Chrissy, Dawn.

Hi There!! Sorry about not being around much, life keeps getting it's body in the way of what I want to do. Jim's surgery is set for the 3rd of February. That is one month away!! Both he and DD have to go the week before for pre-op stuff and another round of blood work, to see if they are still compatable. We are in count down!! Meanwhile I have been trying to help my other DD deal with depression and unemployment. When it rains it pours! She is the one that is a single mom with the 2 children, and boy they can be a handful. Now she is telling me she wants to take the kids and go to Australia when she gets her taxes back!! She has some friends in Queensland that she wants to go see. Hello, am I not seeing something? No offense Bilby, but she hasn't worked since October 17, is falling behind on the mortgage and wants to travel out of counrty!?!?!? To top it off, the kids are 4 and 2, not a very good age to travel with. ARRGGG!! Get your body out of my way LIFE!!!

Oh my, Dawn! Sounds like you need at least a hug. I'm sending loads.

and I'll continue praying that all will go well for Jim and your donor daughter with the surgery. I have a good feeling about that.

sounds like your other daughter needs a reality check. Is she thinking she can just take her kids and "disappear" to Australia? Sounds like she could use a discussion group with other like-situation women to help her get a grip on reality. We all know how hard it is to be the mom with a good idea.... :ermm:

I'll be thinking about you all and praying hard.

Good luck Dawn (Jim and DD) with the op. Tell him to take all the drugs they offer at first but to stop them as soon as he can as well. He should bounce back pretty quickly though as he hasn't been needing dialysis for very long.

As to your other DD escaping to Qld! Being a Perth girl, I would never advocate such a move!! (Only Joking to you Queenslanders out there!!!) Things might be better in Australia than where she is at the moment but life without family support - anywhere - is tough. And there is no guarantee that things will be any better here for her than where she is now. Problems can get on a Boeing just as easily as a person can. And if nothing else works, show her the newspaper articles on the flash flooding and cyclones Queensland has to offer!! Good luck!

Surgery is at 2:00p.m. Tuesday,Feb 3. Of course we are supposed to get hit with a storm!! I hate winter and driving in the city - put them together and I am already a nervous wreck!! Jim is going to drive us up in the 4-wheel drive truck, my DS is coming up with my mom at 3:00 in her 4-wheel drive jeep, and I don't know how many others are coming. The problem is I don't know if I want all of them, other than my DS there. I do love them but some of them just ask to many questions and if you don't have the answer, they ask it again, in a different way, over and over...! Oh Lord, give me patience, and good driving weather!!:angel:

will be putting you all on the top of my prayer list, Dawn.

try not to worry before the fact. Weather-wise, Tuesday is a long way off.

hugs....

I, too, haven't been keeping up with things here lately. Dawn, I will surely pray for your husband and daughter as well as you, as all the surgery and recovery take place. I wouldn't worry about those asking questions - just tell the you don't know and will tell them (what you want them to know) when you know.

Surgery is at 2:00p.m. Tuesday,Feb 3. Of course we are supposed to get hit with a storm!! I hate winter and driving in the city - put them together and I am already a nervous wreck!! Jim is going to drive us up in the 4-wheel drive truck, my DS is coming up with my mom at 3:00 in her 4-wheel drive jeep, and I don't know how many others are coming. The problem is I don't know if I want all of them, other than my DS there. I do love them but some of them just ask to many questions and if you don't have the answer, they ask it again, in a different way, over and over...! Oh Lord, give me patience, and good driving weather!!:angel:
Dawn sweetie, answer what you want to if pressed just tell them you want peace and quiet to pray that everything goes well..That is more important than 20 questions, if they persist get a nurse on the qt and have her ask some of them to leave please...you need to just have who you want there and do not be afraid to throw a fit if need be..Sometimes that is all some of them understand aquiet tap on the arm and a please not now is all they get after that it's heave ho..Good luck and I'll be praying as usual
Let us know how they are
kades

Thank you all for the prayers and grace you have shown. I don't know how I would have gotten through the past year without my DC family!! I love each and every one of you. I will keep you posted on their conditions. Dawn

Oh my gosh, Dawn, I just saw this!!!!! First of all - WooHoo!!!!!! I'm so glad the day is finally here. Give your daughter a big hug for me - she's an inspiration to us all. I'll spend all day Tuesday sending positive healing vibes to Jim and your daughter. And lots of love to you since you'll be running ragged trying to take care of both of them. Let us know as soon as you can how things are going. As far as the rest of the family, try not to let them wear you down (even though they don't mean to.) Maybe you could take an MP3 player, turn it up real loud, and then smile at them like you're actually listening.:)

Dawn, I'm so glad the date for the surgery is set. I pray that the weather is good, and that everything goes perfectly with the surgery and recovery.

Dawn sweetie, answer what you want to if pressed just tell them you want peace and quiet to pray that everything goes well..That is more important than 20 questions, if they persist get a nurse on the qt and have her ask some of them to leave please...
I agree!

...Maybe you could take an MP3 player, turn it up real loud, and then smile at them like you're actually listening.:)
I love it!

:)Barbara

Hello Everyone!! Just to let you know, the surgery was a success! Tara came through with flying colors, she is of course in some pain but all in all doing especially well. The doctors said her kidney was the “best” they had ever seen!! Once it was placed into Jim, it took over immediately. Praise God! Both Tara and Jim have wonderful color and body function. Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes, they certainly worked. Hurray!! Now I need to sleep a little bit so I can see both Tara and Jim later today. :):):):):)

Hello Everyone!! Just to let you know, the surgery was a success! Tara came through with flying colors, she is of course in some pain but all in all doing especially well. The doctors said her kidney was the “best” they had ever seen!! Once it was placed into Jim, it took over immediately. Praise God! Both Tara and Jim have wonderful color and body function. Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes, they certainly worked. Hurray!! Now I need to sleep a little bit so I can see both Tara and Jim later today. :):):):):)
Sleep and rest easy Dawn, I'm so happy for you. See all those worries are gone now and your DH and DD are just fine..Think how wonderful your DD feels giving a lease on life to her dad..How lucky they both are and you too..I admire families like yours who dig in and do anything in the world for each other..Big warm hugs to all of you
kades

That is super news, Dawn. Thanks for the update. Now get some zzzz's.

dawn, I am so happy for you and your family that the surgery was a success!! Thankfully he had someone that matched and didn't lay waiting for a donor for years. Bless!!

Back
Top Bottom