Prayers and/or best wishes needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am praying too Claire. I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. I'm praying for strength and peace for you and your family.

Steve, that's what I consider prayers to be; good thoughts sent out. Religion not necessary. I was raised Catholic, but have friends who are atheist, Muslim, Jewish and Budhist, and their good thoughts count every bit as much.

Positive thoughts & prayers being sent your way claire. Hope you can reach your sister. May you & your family find peace during this difficult time.

This has been one of the most devastating storms ever. The only other hurricane that even compares was Katrina. But I think this one left more people hurting.

Maybe I feel this way because I know people on the east coast, and I worry about them. But I feel more compassion for all of those who are suffering. There isn't a day that the thought of people in desperation doesn't weigh me down. I haven't felt this way since I watched Space Shuttle Challenger blow up on live TV. The feeling of good people lost due to no fault of their own, it just makes me feel helpless.

Claire, not only my prayers, but my heart goes out to you. I know first hand how sick it can make you feel, when tragedy has struck near home.

Shortly after I got married, my wife and I conceived our first child. I was at work, on North Island Naval Air Station on Coronado Island, just off of San Diego. I heard on the radio that their had been a mid-air collision between a small private plane, and a passenger net, and that the airliner had crashed in my neighborhood. I was sick with worry. I didn't know how close it had crashed near my home, where my wife and unborn child were. I was able to get off work to go home and check on them. The airliner had crashed two blocks away, onto an apartment building. There were ashes and parts of the plane in my yard. But my family had been spared. The relief of seeing my family in good shape overwhelmed the feeling of horror that I should have felt at the tragedy of those who had been been on the planes, or in the apartment building.

Worry for loved ones, be they family or friend, can be paralyzing. Claire, again, I pray for your father's well being, and your sister's safety. But mostly, I pray for comfort, and strength for you, and that you will have the resources to help in any way you feel necessary. And I am still praying special prayers for BT and his family as well.

Have faith, and let it give you strength in this difficult time.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North.

Chief, your story reminds me of my childhood. Daddy was a lifer in the Air Force, and we were mass-every-Sunday Roman Catholics. Because of our lifestyle, I never went to a funeral until I was 40. BUT when some one died in our communities, we sang I think it is the second or third verse of the Navy hymn; something about blessing the men who fly. I still cannot hear that without crying.

Chief, your story reminds me of my childhood. Daddy was a lifer in the Air Force, and we were mass-every-Sunday Roman Catholics. Because of our lifestyle, I never went to a funeral until I was 40. BUT when some one died in our communities, we sang I think it is the second or third verse of the Navy hymn; something about blessing the men who fly. I still cannot hear that without crying.

Claire, I am not military, but there are some songs that just make me well up with tears at about the third or fourth note. Silent Night and the Navy Hymn are just two of them.

With all the love and support I have been receiving from the members of DC these past couple of months, I wish to share and pass it on to you at this time. There is anough to share and go around. My love and heart go out to you along with my prayers that you find peace and acceptance of God's will. :angel: And some for you and your family. One can never have too many angels looking over them. :angel::angel::angel::wub::angel::angel::angel:

Man, I'm still so worried about all of friends on the East Coast. I wish I could have Bucky and his crew at out Thanksgiving dinner. I'm praying that we all hear from them soon. If you are so inclined, say and extra prayer or two for all of them.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom